56 replies to this topic

#16 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 06:00 PM

Well I'll give you a kind of before shot. This was 1/2 hour in at 4:30 pm snow was pretty light when I shot this, right now I can barely see the house at the end of the lane. There was no snow when I got home.  BTW that's 1/4 mile of gravel and I have to maintain it. So we will see what tomorrow brings? They are saying it will be 6hrs of heavy snow and won't completely stop till noon tomorrow.

photo7_zpse9fe5dd8.jpg

Edited by JD DANNELS, February 21, 2013 - 06:03 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

#17 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 06:14 PM

We are supposed to get some snow tonight! 3"-6" is predicted but I don't count on it until I see it. We have had a lot of snow predicted and not seen any. I will get pictures if I get some seat time from this.

Geno

• KennyP said thank you

#18 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,735 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 08:28 AM

We got another 2" or so over night, all of the clouds are now cleared off and it suppose to get down to 3 degreese tonight.

The snow plow still has not been past so we are still snowed in. I don't know why he is so slow, they normally get a path cleared into town by noon (the same day as it snowed) but now we are no the second day and still nothing. If he doesn't go past here pretty soon i am going to call the county and see what is up?

#19 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 09:17 AM

5-6 inces and still coming down, Wind was out of the east so I had no drifting. This was a real fine snow that rolled off the balde very well.

Overall not bad though

Blizzard2-21amp22-13_zps7c0b93fb.jpg

Edited by JD DANNELS, February 22, 2013 - 09:19 AM.

#20 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 22, 2013 - 10:02 AM

I made it home at 230 pm yesterday. I started spinning on the hill at the end of the driveway, so I stopped and walked to the shop to get the 195 to clear the driveway. 400 ft of gravel covered by 12" of snow with drifts over 2ft. I finally made it to the truck at 530pm. I dug out the truck and put it in the shop. I spent the next 2 hours making a spot big enough to turn the truck around and get the propane truck to the tank. We ran out of propane yesterday and of course it was my fault. I am looking into wiring up the tank to transmit level and making a facebook page for it so maybe my wife could check it every once in a while.

#21 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 10:06 AM

We ran out of propane yesterday and of course it was my fault. I am looking into wiring up the tank to transmit level and making a facebook page for it so maybe my wife could check it every once in a while.

Hey, if it updates its status page every day, she'll at least get the notifications!!

Relationship status: It's Complicated!

#22 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 10:38 AM

It snowed at least 10 inches here in Raytown yesterday.  Called in and stayed home from work, pushed a bunch of snow.  Went in to work this morning, foreman was at the gate sending everyone home, the boss called the day off for the whole shop.  I wish I had got a phone call before I left for work.  Highway passable for my 4-wheel drive truck, cars were still spinning off into the ditch going in.  I think I will get the Case 446 back out and clear out what the city snow plow left in front of my driveway.  YEA!  More seat time!!!

Edited by JBBR, February 22, 2013 - 10:43 AM.

#23 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 11:12 AM

I made it home at 230 pm yesterday. I started spinning on the hill at the end of the driveway, so I stopped and walked to the shop to get the 195 to clear the driveway. 400 ft of gravel covered by 12" of snow with drifts over 2ft. I finally made it to the truck at 530pm. I dug out the truck and put it in the shop. I spent the next 2 hours making a spot big enough to turn the truck around and get the propane truck to the tank. We ran out of propane yesterday and of course it was my fault. I am looking into wiring up the tank to transmit level and making a facebook page for it so maybe my wife could check it every once in a while.

Are you connected to a coop? Up here the Coop has a sattelite reader on my tank. Whenever it gets so low they automatically fill it.  Before that was done I too have ran out of fuel and in a rural winter that is the pits! Feel for you brother

#24 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 11:17 AM

It snowed at least 10 inches here in Raytown yesterday.  Called in and stayed home from work, pushed a bunch of snow.  Went in to work this morning, foreman was at the gate sending everyone home, the boss called the day off for the whole shop.  I wish I had got a phone call before I left for work.  Highway passable for my 4-wheel drive truck, cars were still spinning off into the ditch going in.  I think I will get the Case 446 back out and clear out what the city snow plow left in front of my driveway.  YEA!  More seat time!!!

Yeah that sucks!! Since I am 45 miles out and drive the farthest I'm first on the list to be called if the company shuts down.  Even that is a crap shoot since I usually leave the house at 6:45 and they sometimes have not decided by then.  I took a day of vacation today,scheduled yesterday. That seems to have been wise since I hear on the radio that there are trucks all tangled up on I80 10 miles west of here and I would have had to take the back roads to work.  There are three bridges across the Des Moines river I could take but two ar 7 miles out of the way.

#25 ol' stonebreaker OFFLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,306 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 11:18 AM

We've gotten about an inch in the last 24 hrs, forecast says 1"-3" tonite and 2" 4" tomorrow. We'll see.

Mike

#26 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 22, 2013 - 07:01 PM

After 2 more hours of digging out the pig and finishing up a little more on the driveway, I got something for the guys that call it "playing in the snow" :poke:. I would rather be playing in the sand...in cancun...with a bucket of tecate. 7 hrs of pushing with the box blade, and all I got was a stiff neck, sore back and a big bruise from trying to steer with me knee. The propane guy said he wouldnt deliver if the driveway wasnt plowed. $65 charge for an empty tank kinda chaps my a$$ too.

20130222_174011_zps9ec59514.jpg?t=136157

#27 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,735 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted February 23, 2013 - 10:05 AM

The county finally got the roads cleared (after a day and a half stuck at home)

Finally got to my neighbors house, her son in law cleared the drive way with a high loader (he works at the local construction company) I used the little Kubota and cleared up the edges of the driveway that he couldn't get to with the high loader, then i cleared a path so she can get around the place with out walking in knee deep snow.

I hear now it's going to snow all day and night Monday ? I don't know if we will get anything or not, but i will keep the tractor fueled up just in case.

Rat88.

Looks like you have about the same amount that we got!

• KennyP said thank you

#28 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted February 23, 2013 - 10:09 AM

Finished pushing snow yesterday.  cleared out in front of my driveway and several of my neighbors.  Did'nt want to put away the 446, but finally did.  Headed out this morning to pick up a Ford LGT 145 I found on Craigs earlier this week.  Pics to come!

• KennyP said thank you

#29 bgkid2966 ONLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted February 23, 2013 - 10:52 AM

We got a whopping 3" of snow. Here are 2 videos, one of the Cub running partly choked and the other of the snow rolling off the plow. It was seat time so I enjoyed it a lot! Unfortunately I had to rush and get it done due to family stuff. 

Attached File  Coldstart22213.wmv   3.01MB   15 downloads

Attached File  Plowing22213.wmv   37.01MB   19 downloads

Geno

• KennyP said thank you

#30 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted February 23, 2013 - 10:59 AM

The county finally got the roads cleared (after a day and a half stuck at home)

Finally got to my neighbors house, her son in law cleared the drive way with a high loader (he works at the local construction company) I used the little Kubota and cleared up the edges of the driveway that he couldn't get to with the high loader, then i cleared a path so she can get around the place with out walking in knee deep snow.

I hear now it's going to snow all day and night Monday ? I don't know if we will get anything or not, but i will keep the tractor fueled up just in case.

Rat88.

Looks like you have about the same amount that we got!

Yep, we may get more this time! Guess I need to put the plow back on the FF after the garden plowing tomorrow!