• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#121 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 21, 2013 - 10:58 PM

You could try the old system of posting pics: email them halfway across the country to get them posted.

Man, remember those days ? Between you and Sonny, you guys must have posted a few hundred pics for me.
I understand "They" have an app now. Four years ? Not too shabby. Lol

Thanks for posting that Pic Bryan.

#122 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 21, 2013 - 11:03 PM

After looking at that again, are you sure you want to cut through that to use the a-frame mounted D rings? It's almost too pretty to cut up.

I have too, the forward D rings actually help stop it from tilting, my buddy was here yesterday and he tried to convince me to bolt two d-rings inside the trailer. I might for smaller stuff, but the scissor lift needs to to to the outside ones. It's almost time to clean the chimney, and trim some limbs too, so I need the lift chained down securely.

#123 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,646 Thanks
  • 7,675 posts

Posted March 26, 2013 - 08:29 PM

I'll bore you all with a few more pics. I can't wait for Lilysdad to get back, he thinks I'm a dummy and hopefully he will believe I'm doing all this myself.

Think Ken did it just for "Lilysdad" return.

I had no idea that I put so much pressure on you! If I've set the bar too high, I'm sorry.

I think you have done a first class bang up job on this. Really! It's better than it was new.

Do you know that white oak is way more rot proff than red oak? The USS Constitution "Old Ironsides" has a hull made of white oak.

• NJKen said thank you

#124 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 26, 2013 - 09:52 PM

I'll bore you all with a few more pics. I can't wait for Lilysdad to get back, he thinks I'm a dummy and hopefully he will believe I'm doing all this myself.

Think Ken did it just for "Lilysdad" return.

I had no idea that I put so much pressure on you! If I've set the bar too high, I'm sorry.

I think you have done a first class bang up job on this. Really! It's better than it was new.

Do you know that white oak is way more rot proff than red oak? The USS Constitution "Old Ironsides" has a hull made of white oak.

Yes I know about the white oak, I've been a big fan of it for years. Every time I've seen a trailer re decking project posted on a Forum, I always suggest white oak. It's so much better then even pressure treated pine. When I ordered my 21' tilt trailer, I paid the upgrade charge of $300 to go with the white oak. PT pine was standard.

Thanks for the complement Rich.

#125 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,211 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted March 26, 2013 - 10:06 PM

She has copper on the out side dont She?

Edited by wilberj, March 26, 2013 - 10:06 PM.