#1 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 562 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 09:14 AM

I woke up yesterday to my wife leaning over me saying "Happy Anniversary" and giving me a kiss. As I have stated on here before I am a stay at home dad and take care of my daughter during the day. While my wife was at work I had a buddy come over and work on my 100 dollar zero turn. During this time my little girl played out in the yard while we replaced the coil and jury rigged up a muffler that would work for now. Every once and a while my daughter would venture inside the building and grab a tool and was trying to help us work on the zero turn. After a few minutes we got the zero turn running and I had to lay her down for a nap. She slept about 30 minutes and my 'wish they were big' dogs started barking and woke the baby up so I had to come in and clean up. Once she woke up from her nap she played for a couple of hours and my wife got home. The wife stated if I wanted to I could go back outside and play for a while since her nap got cut short. After about 2 hours I placed the charger on the battery and I returned to the house to start on suppoer. I had a 18 oz Porterhouse steak and my wife had a 14 0z New York Strip. We also had baked potatos but my steak was so big that's all would fit on my plate so I started chowing down on my steak and returned for a baked potato. Well after eatting 18 oz of steak I settled into my recliner and started watching some random television shows but before long it was time for bed. I do not prefer leaving my battery charger on at night and decided I would make the trip back out to the building to unplug it. So I placed a pair of shorts, flip flips and a pull over jacket on and headed that way. I walked back outside, in the freezing weather, to the building and actually noticed I forgot to do a few other things before I headed in for supper. I had to turn the gas off to the Farmall and I unpluged the battery charger which only took 5 minute. When I stepped outside of the building I noticed the smell of a skunk. Not thinking anything about it I locked up mu building and started heading towards the house. I was about to step up onto the porch when a dog came out of no where and jumped up on me wanting to be rubbed.. Yes, as you probably guessed it, he had been just been sprayed by a skunk. He was literally dripping went with skunk musk. Luckily whenever he came towards me I anticipated him jumping on and he only got my hand with the musk. He was the friendliest dog in the world but not wanting to be covered in this musk I ran inside to get away from him. Im thinking god for us having some V8 because it took the smell right off my hands. I just basically poured the v8 over my hand and it was gone.

I must say this that true skunk musk smells differently than what I smelled going down the road. I know it was in the concentrated form on the dog.

Edited by Gumby, February 21, 2013 - 09:24 AM.

• daytime dave, tractorgarden, sacsr and 4 others have said thanks

#2 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 09:21 AM

That was good that you side stepped the brunt of it.

• boyscout862 and tractorgarden'sbabe have said thanks

#3 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 09:22 AM

congrats on your aniversery dogs will always find a critter to play with lol

• boyscout862 and SearsYellow have said thanks

#4 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 09:29 AM

Happy Anniversary.  That was a nice little bedtime adventure.

Dick

Edited by JRJ, February 21, 2013 - 09:29 AM.

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,743 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 09:39 AM

Glad you got the smell off and I imagine your wife was happy about that also. Sounds like you need some more V-8 for the dog!

#6 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 10:27 AM

Sounds like an Anniversary to remember!  :smilewink:   Glad you had the V8 handy or otherwise you might have had to spend the night in your building.  Happy Anniversary!

• SearsYellow said thank you

#7 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 11:20 AM

untitled skunk.png

What will you do next year to top this years?

#8 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 12:08 PM

Happy anniversary.  Yup that skunk would put a damper on things fast.  Glad the V8 worked.

#9 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,341 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 01:05 PM

Nothing will mess up "Mommy / Daddy time" like a skunk.  Whew, glad you dodged that one.

#10 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 05:25 PM

Nothing will mess up "Mommy / Daddy time" like a skunk. 

I thought that was where he was going with the story!

#11 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 05:48 PM

Happy Anniversary! Glad the skunk thing was not any worse. Sounds like a nice size piece of steak, do you remember if it tasted good? Any idea whose dog?

#12 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 06:56 PM

A few years back I was doing security at a hospital and I got a call about a skunk being in one of the dumpsters. I told the caller to leave it alone. They kept calling back and I asked them what they expected me to do. SHE said she wanted me to come run it off. I laughed and told her no I wasn't getting hosed and to go away and leave ti alone before she did. She never called back so I don't know if she got hosed or took my advice.

#13 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 562 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 09:05 AM

I have no clue whos dog it was but he was very nice dog though. The steak was delicious and I did not need knife to cut it. Man, I am making myself hungry typing about it. Yeah, The smell is still around the house because every time the dogs go outside, to use the bathroom, their paws still smell like a skunk. The skunk smelled like 6000 cloves of garlic jammed inside of my nose. I do believe he got sprayed in my yard. I had my trash sitting on a trailer and obviously there were fighting over my trash because my trailer stinks horribly. Luckily we got some some snow last night and Im hoping that will take care of some of the smell. I can't wait to make a craigslist run and pull up with my trailer... lol. They will be able to smell me a mile before I get there. Hey bigwarwagon you still want to get rid of that sears?? lol.

Edited by Gumby, February 22, 2013 - 09:12 AM.

• KennyP and Michiganmobileman have said thanks

#14 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 12:14 PM

Not if you are bringing a stinky trailer to get it.

#15 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted February 23, 2013 - 02:08 AM

"I woke up yesterday to my wife leaning over me saying "Happy Anniversary" and giving me a kiss."

Yeah, my wife pulls that one at least 3 times a year.  I just go out to the shop and grab one of the dozen or so prewrapped "gifts" I keep in the closet and toss it to her.  She still thinks she's getting over on me...  Luckily though, I ain't been skunked yet!:D