• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Steven N OFFLINE  

Steven N

• Member No: 6832
  • 20 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 05:30 PM

About 20 years ago my Dad, who passed about 10 years ago, told me that he saw a David Bradley hood in an old junk pile in some woods not too far from the road over near a place called Little Cake just up from the Green River. One Sunday afternoon my son, who was about five at the time, and I went for a ride in the truck to find it. It was at an old home site that had been abandoned for many years and kind of remote. After visiting a country store a few miles down the road, we tracked down the owner of the property and I called him to see if he wanted to sell it. I could have just taken it and it would have never been missed since it had been thrown away in a junk pile for many years, but I wanted to teach my son that you must respect other peoples property, even if it is a junk pile. The guy was really nice and told me that I was welcome to it and that he appreciated me taking the time to call him. It was just one of those lazy Sundays spent with my son that I remember and cherish to this day. It’s the simple things in life’s journey that sometimes are our greatest treasures. Funny how some things stick in our minds. I still have the hood stored in one of my barns; I have an old four wheel garden tractor that is a really cool little unit and I am thinking of putting the hood on it and make a custom tractor to ride in parades and play in the yard.

Just in a reflective mood, thanks for your time.

Anyone else got a story?

• Alc, tractorgarden and JRJ have said thanks

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 05:54 PM

Steven thanks for sharing that special moment with us. That hood as they would say is "priceless".