18 replies to this topic

#1 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 02:01 PM

I REALLY need a set of front wheel weights for my HT10D if any has a set and want to make some money im interested. please pm me. without them i might have to sell the trencher i just bought and i really dont want to.

#2 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 02:43 PM

Just put a front blade on ! they weight at least 100 pounds ! and it even adverstises that you Can run a blade with the trencher as long as its not a power-angle one 

#3 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,730 Thanks
  • 8,912 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 03:27 PM

Have someone sit on the hood.

#4 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 03:32 PM

Just make some. :thumbs:

#5 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 04:24 PM

Sam....slow down, count to 10, and take a DEEP breath. 

There are a number of options available for you before you force me to make a road trip :D :D :D .

1. As already stated put a front blade, on it.  You could even get by with the hydro angle blade one if you don't hook it up to the outlets.  You will probably want the blade for backfilling anyway.  Shucks, if you have a snowcaster that would work too.

2. Put Rim Guard in the front tires.  The standard size front tires will hold very close to 35# each, which just happens to be the same as what the front wheel weights weigh, and will most likely cost less than front weights.  WW fluid would be a less desirable option as it weighs 3# less per gal. 

3. Fab up a mount on the front that will allow you to hang a couple of suitcase weights.  I know that there are GT sized ones available from Cub Cadet and John Deere. 

Edited by OldBuzzard, February 20, 2013 - 04:39 PM.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#6 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,211 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 04:34 PM

Sam....slow down, count to 10, and take a DEEP breath. 

There are a number of options available for you before you force me to make a road trip :D :D :D .

1. As already stated put a front blade, on it.  You even get by with the hydro angle blade one if you don't hook it up to the outlets.  You will probably want the blade for backfilling anyway.  Shucks, if you have a snowcaster that would work too.

2. Put Rim Guard in the front tires.  The standard size front tires will hold very close to 35# each, which just happens to be the same as that the front wheel weights weigh, and will most likely cost less than front weights.  WW fluid would be a less desirable option as it weighs 3# less per gal. 

3. Fab up a mount on the front that will allow you to hang a couple of suitcase weights.  I know that there are GT sized ones available from Cub Cadet and John Deere. 

Like OB said you could make something work till you find some front wheel weights.

Blade on the tractor is a must... You need something to back fill with......

P.S. You cant have my front wheel weights. :D

Edited by wilberj, February 20, 2013 - 04:35 PM.

#7 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 05:49 PM

i am just so mad that the po of the trencher wont sell me his..  all he does with it is move his trailers around with it and he has a weight braked made up on his ht20. i offered him more then i think the weights are worth an he said no. so i might just sell the trencher an be done... might just sell all of what i have. it make me mad that people rather keep thing they dont use or need instead of selling them to someone that needs them i really dont get it.

#8 bread320i OFFLINE  

bread320i
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 416
  • 593 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 08:58 PM

Where where you when I sold my HT front weights. The were 50# each too.

Edited by bread320i, February 20, 2013 - 08:59 PM.

#9 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 09:52 PM

I wish I knew I really need them

#10 yardiron OFFLINE  

yardiron

• Member No: 2796
  • 23 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 11:18 PM

If I recall correctly the original Bolens front wheel weights were solid center style, meaning you had to remove them to get at the wheel bearings. If it were me I'd fill the tires and make up a custom weight rack or something if you don't want to run a front blade.
On mine, when I need more weight than my washer fluid filled front tires give me, I just scoop up some dirt in the front loader bucket.

I don't have a trencher, but I often load the bucket up when running a tiller just to balance out the machine a bit. The bucket up front lets me have totally adjustable ballast and the ability to dump it when needed.

#11 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 04:12 PM

i dont have a loader., i just got back from vineland an looked at the 1250 with the loader but cant tell what model it is

#12 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 06:08 PM

<p>i dont have a loader., i just got back from vineland an looked at the 1250 with the loader but cant tell what model it is</p>

Sam

The guy who owns it says it's a model 14. That's what he told me a few weeks ago when I talked to him.

#13 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 08:18 PM

yea well i found something way better that 1250 the loader is all rigged on there

#14 yardiron OFFLINE  

yardiron

• Member No: 2796
  • 23 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 10:43 PM

If I recall there were a few pics on here of that tractor under another post? The bucket was off and the loader was painted red?

If so that looks like a bail spike loader, its a model 12 TC or 14 TC, those had the rams mounted below the bucket for curling strength.

I think the reason is that most rams can push harder than they can pull back, meaning it was made for cutting in and curling upward at a higher load level.

I see more of those on JD machines than anything else. The loader will fit anything, the foot print of the loader is the same on all of them, only the mounts vary.

I emailed the seller for pics of the loader and its mounts. If your not interested I'm going to take a shot at it.

For me it don't make much difference how its mounted or attached, even if it had factory mounts I'd most likely remount it my way anyhow. Those factory mounts are hard on the frame rails. If I thought I had clearance, I'd run two supports off the rear axle and mount up the loader that way, as far back as I could. I also want to build my own bucket, I want a full 5" wide bucket with full depth. It'll help speed dealing with mulch and fertilizer here.

I was going to stop by there tonight but he was busy by the time I was free from work.

He said he won't be available until Sat or Sun.

The way I see it, no matter what the loader is, its still worth every penny of it, either to use or to trade for one I will use. I really could use that tiller, and a few extra tractors around here would never hurt.

I found these online:

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2ef17yt.jpg

http://gardentractor...g3bmmnhdnyhq-3/

Edited by yardiron, February 21, 2013 - 11:03 PM.

#15 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,300 Thanks
  • 2,334 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 12:58 PM

2 x 35lbs 8" weights $150 + shipping

http://www.ebay.com/...=item257af864b2

2 x 25lbs 8" Weights $50 + shipping

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4d091c3cd8