#31 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 08:38 PM

I have nothing to say.

Garden Tractor for Sale - $1750 (Kutztown)

http://allentown.cra...3558954332.html

Hey quit cruising the craigslist ads in my neck of the woods.  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a different one close to me.  This has been relisted at least twice and is totally ROACHED!

http://harrisburg.cr...3601479216.html

No way its worth that much.

• Alc and Amigatec have said thanks

#32 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24042
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 08:57 PM

There is one thing to point out. I understand were you come from. And i do agree.  But to bring out the other side of it. Since the hobby has started to grow more people are getting into it. Some of these people think its a great deal and thats fine for them. The nice tractors that are in decent shape are going to be harder and harder to find expecialy as much as this hobby is growing. Prices on all this stuff is going up. And unfortunatly i think its only gona get worse. To bad. :shoot2:  :wallbanging:

• Alc and boyscout862 have said thanks

#33 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 09:21 PM

In most of my experiences, I usually end up upsetting the seller in one or two ways. I only shop for John Deere round fenders, and in most cases, the sellers don't have the experience to know what year tractor they are selling, so they list it as a 1963 110 "Rare".

One time I called a guy who had such a tractor listed for sale and I asked to come and see it. The seller proceeds to give me some type of unknowledged, off the internet, fly by the seat of his pants history lesson about the tractor. I play stupid and don't let on that I'm a collector or have any experience about these old round fenders. Anyway, we meet, and I can quickly tell that the tractor is a 1967 110. I listen to his story again about how this tractor is the first year of production, only year of production with the fiberglass hood, and it's extremely rare as there were only 1000 of these made. He proceeds to tell me that he knows he can get a lot more for it than his asking price, but since I came to look at it, and I'm the first one to inquire about it, he'll let me have a deal of $500.00. I look the tractor over as if I'm interested, and then after a few minutes, I tell him what the tractor really is, and then give him my phone number and my counter offer. I got a really strange look of surprise at first, then a look of anger, as he just figured out that I played him. Upset #1

After I looked at the tractor, told him what I know, and he called me virtually everything but Troy, I left. Nothing gained, nothing lost. However, that same seller called me after three months of my visit, and told me he will sell me the tractor if my offer still stands. I told him the offer stands, and I'd be over that weekend. Turns out, my offer was better than everyone else's that came to look at the tractor, and he quickly found out, that I wasn't wrong with the knowledge that I expressed to him that day, as he was told the same thing from others. My offer was a little higher than what the tractor was worth, but I had to sweeten the pot if I wanted a call back from him. He didn't get what he wanted for the tractor, and he didn't have what he thought he did. Upset #2

I don't have a problem with people who want to buy low and sell high, and if money can made on a deal, than that's great, go for it. My problem with over priced items is this. If you are going to try and sell something for an incredible amount of money, then do some research on the item, and find out all that you can about it. Don't make something up, blow smoke up someone's butt, and hope that you convinced them to make the deal. At least know what you are selling, get an idea as to how long the item was manufactured, and do some research to find out what the going market rate is for it. Don't make yourself look more stupid than your high asking price.

• Alc, boyscout862, KC9KAS and 2 others have said thanks

#34 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 06:10 AM

Hey quit cruising the craigslist ads in my neck of the woods.  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a different one close to me.  This has been relisted at least twice and is totally ROACHED!

http://harrisburg.cr...3601479216.html

No way its worth that much.

I feel I Ned a tetanus shot just looking at it.
  • IHCubGuy said thank you

#35 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 08:08 AM

The seller replied to me about getting a $300 offer on his DB.

I told him that's where 2 fools met, the buyer was a fool for offering that much, and he was a fool for not taking it.

I think I ticked him off.

It appears I was correct, the person that supposedly offered $300 for his tractor has a $100 bid on another DB and is the high bidder. In fact he is the only bidder on the other tractor.

Just like I said "Used Car Salesman".

#36 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 04:51 PM

Tells me that they don't want to sell it.

#37 VSTROM803 OFFLINE  

VSTROM803
  • Member No: 10269
  • 369 Thanks
  • 338 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 05:23 PM

http://www.ebay.com/...2#ht_414wt_1200 How can this be worth so much? I'm new to David Bradleys and GTs in general and I'm getting dicouraged already.

#38 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 05:26 PM

http://www.ebay.com/...2#ht_414wt_1200

How can this be worth so much? I'm new to David Bradleys and GTs in general and I'm getting dicouraged already.

That's about $500 to high.

#39 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 05:29 PM

The same buyer is also bidding up a drag harrow. I bought one just like it last year for $10.

Edited by Amigatec, February 21, 2013 - 05:31 PM.

• Alc said thank you

#40 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,449 Thanks
  • 6,616 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 06:11 PM

Wonder how much of these ebay prices are fixed ? Say I put one of my DB plows on , I get Pat to bid it up ,say $200 for a $100 plow  ,if it sells great I make some big $$.But  if Pat wins the bid , I  pay ebay , but keep the plow , now Pat puts one on (  the one that's he  wants to sell ) if someone buys it below $200  they think they got a good deal !  Guess I'm too paranoid , Al

• boyscout862 said thank you

#41 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 06:16 PM

You don't have to put it of eBay, I'll buy that Tator plow outright. LOL I was thinking the same thing, that roller turns hard, you would have to work on it to get it to work.

#42 JDGuy445 OFFLINE  

JDGuy445
  • Member No: 10419
  • 356 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 08:31 PM

I try to sell items at it's worth price. Sometimes it may be a little higher due to the fact of what I put in it. The thing is when I sell something I make sure it's at least something worth it. Same goes for buying. the only difference is I look for deals.

• Alc said thank you

#43 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 08:34 PM

That's about $500 to high.

And that would be if you lived close enough to pick it up !

Wonder how much of these ebay prices are fixed ? Say I put one of my DB plows on , I get Pat to bid it up ,say $200 for a $100 plow  ,if it sells great I make some big $$.But  if Pat wins the bid , I  pay ebay , but keep the plow , now Pat puts one on (  the one that's he  wants to sell ) if someone buys it below $200  they think they got a good deal !  Guess I'm too paranoid , Al

I think you maybe you are onto something....I mean that is a pretty good explanation of how that roller could be bid up to $525 !

#44 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 08:37 PM

I feel I Need a tetanus shot just looking at it.

I wiped my screen off and it didn't help, that thing is really UGLY...

• Alc said thank you

#45 Bmerf OFFLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted February 23, 2013 - 10:25 AM

How about this one? Buy it now $1000. Has quick detach front wheels.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ac1bf3deb

$T2eC16ZHJG!E9nm3q9BQBRJp57(W)Q~~60_57.J