• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,461 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 12:33 PM

That looks brand new.

How do you rinse off and treat your parts after they come out? I understand just washing them down with water, but what about flash rusting? I have a 55 gal plastic drum I want to use as tank to clean a tractor hood and an old 15 gal milk metal milk jug.

The cast iron skillet I rinsed off with hot water and a Scotch Bright pad and oiled it up with Olive Oil immediately.

The GT parts, I rinse and Scotch Bright them, The Hot water 160F makes them dry fast, I then wipe them down with mineral spirits and dry again, then shoot them with Etching Primary immediately.

If I don't have time to work on them when they are done, I just leave them in the tank til I can, it doesn't affect them staying in the tank.

• HDWildBill and TAHOE have said thanks

#32 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted February 23, 2013 - 06:58 AM

That did turn out looking like new :thumbs: .  Hard to beat cast  iron for cooking, once you get used to it.  I wonder if there may be a market for cast cookware cleaning service in your area, might be time to branch out Brian.

Oh and I knew someone would come through, thanks for beating me to the punch Daniel.