Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What is the tractor you want but will probably never own?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 Raspy OFFLINE  

Raspy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 113
  • 1 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted March 19, 2010 - 06:54 PM

An old John Deere diesel twin with the pony motor. I found one out in the desert but, before I could get it the park service buldozed it and a bunch of other equipment into a ditch and covered them over. Grrrrrrrrr! Still looking.

#32 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 19, 2010 - 07:18 PM

Welcome Raspy. That's a shame, burying and scrapping tractors. Happens more often than any of us want to see.

#33 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 06:13 PM

Could you imagine the collection of tractors one could have if you were able to have all the ones that were ever buried or scrapped?

#34 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 06:33 PM

Could you imagine the collection of tractors one could have if you were able to have all the ones that were ever buried or scrapped?

That would be something wouldn't it.

#35 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 05, 2010 - 07:11 AM

Yeah, it makes me sad to think how many are completely extinct

#36 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted April 05, 2010 - 09:18 PM

I have a 195 Case on my wish list but those are hard to find and expensive if you do run into them. Next there would be the old large Panzer tractors with the single front wheel or the T-102 with the wide front end. Another one would be a Bolens HT 23 with the loader and backhoe on it, or the Allis Chalmers with the forklift attachment. I quess I better stop with these.

#37 jhn9840 OFFLINE  

jhn9840

• Member No: 10
  • 125 Thanks
  • 184 posts

Posted April 10, 2010 - 08:47 AM

JD 318 just not in the budget at this time. Anything JC Penney. The first set of tools that I ever owned were JC Penney that my dad bought for me when I got my drivers licence. Still have every one of them. Always thought it would be cool to work on a Penney tractor with those tools.

jhn9840
John

#38 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 11, 2010 - 12:36 AM

I know their great tractors, but I see SOOOOO many of them and either they're 3000 bucks in okay condtion or they're 1000 bucks and worn out. I want a tractor you don't see all that often, but to each his own.

#39 pulltilbroke ONLINE  

pulltilbroke

MMMMmmmm DIESEL

• Contributor
  • Member No: 50
  • 469 Thanks
  • 454 posts

Posted April 11, 2010 - 02:11 AM

I figured out what my new want but never have tractor is since I already own the one I'd thought I'd never get and the old man is getting the next one on the list that was the HT20D. It is a Bolens HDT 1000, it is a Large Frame Bolen with a 3cyl water cooled Mitsubishi diesel in it.

#40 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted April 11, 2010 - 04:40 AM

I figured out what my new want but never have tractor is since I already own the one I'd thought I'd never get and the old man is getting the next one on the list that was the HT20D. It is a Bolens HDT 1000, it is a Large Frame Bolen with a 3cyl water cooled Mitsubishi diesel in it.

I've never actually seen an HDT 1000,I know they are model # 2388,but that is all I know about them.I would have to say that I would like to have one though.

#41 pulltilbroke OFFLINE  

pulltilbroke

MMMMmmmm DIESEL

• Contributor
  • Member No: 50
  • 469 Thanks
  • 454 posts

Posted April 11, 2010 - 01:19 PM

I know where 1 is and its not to far from me but I just don't have the coin to go get it right now. It is the only one I have ever seen.

#42 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted April 11, 2010 - 07:53 PM

any tractor with a Wisconsin TJD or THD.... inline twin.... wooowww

#43 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted April 19, 2010 - 07:53 PM

It's gotta be a Minneapolis Moline 110 (or any of the Town & Country series). There's just something about a rare beast.

I agree with the comment about owning something that is considered to be rare. For me it would be a 1976 Case 446 Spirit of 76 GT. Realistically, there isn't anything unique about this tractor other than the Bi-Centennial paint job but there are only three of the originals that are positively known to exist out of the six to ten that were allegedly done up this way for the parade in Racine.

#44 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted April 19, 2010 - 08:02 PM

I have a 195 Case on my wish list but those are hard to find and expensive if you do run into them.

I don't know where you are looking or what your budget might be but the 155 and 195 are the two most commonly found tractors of the 100 series garden tractors because they were made for two consecutive years. It's the 130/180 of 1965 and the 150/190 of 1966 that are a bit more difficult to find and the two big-wheel models for those years are now commanding higher prices due to their lower production numbers.

#45 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 20, 2010 - 05:28 AM

I agree with the comment about owning something that is considered to be rare. For me it would be a 1976 Case 446 Spirit of 76 GT. Realistically, there isn't anything unique about this tractor other than the Bi-Centennial paint job but there are only three of the originals that are positively known to exist out of the six to ten that were allegedly done up this way for the parade in Racine.

Welcome to the group, not sure if I have already done so, but let me say it's great to have another Case owner here, Mike