Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What is the tractor you want but will probably never own?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 15, 2010 - 08:23 AM

Just like the title says, I am on a fence with this one. I would like to have a John Deere 110 round fender but I can't justify the prices so unless one falls into my garage I probably won't ever own one. I have been know to prove myself wrong though. I would rather spend the same amount of money on a bigger tractor with hydraulics.

#2 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 15, 2010 - 09:48 AM

Why a 110? JD does make a number of really nice products, but the 110 is a fairly ordinary machine. I know the round fender is rare, but other than that...... IMO.

I have always wanted a JD430 or a MF 1010, but I will prodably never buy one. Unless we move to a small farm.

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 15, 2010 - 09:52 AM

For some reason I really like the 110 round fender. It is smaller and the decent ones that I have come across are fairly steep in price for their size. One tractor I would like to have is a 8n but like you unless we move to where we have a couple of acres again I won't be having one.

#4 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted February 15, 2010 - 10:05 AM

Why a 110? JD does make a number of really nice products, but the 110 is a fairly ordinary machine. I know the round fender is rare, but other than that...... IMO.

I have always wanted a JD430 or a MF 1010, but I will prodably never buy one. Unless we move to a small farm.

Ok, I vote you buy a baby farm then! The 430 is a beasty machine! Only seen one in person, & I liked it! I'd still rather have mt 1010, but sure wish mine was a hydro model. 2nd high is slow for mowing, and 3rd is an outright road gear, so mowing is slower than I;d like. The engine can sure handle a faster mowing speed.
As to which I would "own if I could"..........tough question. I'll have to think on that one.

#5 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 15, 2010 - 10:33 AM

Ok, I vote you buy a baby farm then! The 430 is a beasty machine! Only seen one in person, & I liked it! I'd still rather have mt 1010, but sure wish mine was a hydro model. 2nd high is slow for mowing, and 3rd is an outright road gear, so mowing is slower than I;d like. The engine can sure handle a faster mowing speed.
As to which I would "own if I could"..........tough question. I'll have to think on that one.

Yea, I vote to buy a small farm too. My wallet votes against it. Property is real expensive around these parts. My 3 acres was about all I could afford. Maybe some day....

Edited by tweidman, February 15, 2010 - 10:51 AM.

#6 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted February 15, 2010 - 10:35 AM

If were talking just GT's, my wish list would be something really old, like a Shaw Du-All, or Garden-All's Gard'n Master, or
David Bradley Handiman RT, or a Panzer, or a Wheel Horse Ride-Away Senior... I better stop, I'm really starting to drool!!

#7 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 15, 2010 - 10:52 AM

For some reason I really like the 110 round fender. It is smaller and the decent ones that I have come across are fairly steep in price for their size. One tractor I would like to have is a 8n but like you unless we move to where we have a couple of acres again I won't be having one.

So, you like the look of it?

#8 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 15, 2010 - 10:57 AM

Yep mainly for the looks. I know it won't do any better then what the massey already does. I am a big fan of the metal pan seats and round fenders like dad's bolens 600 but since there is one of them in the family already I have to pick another LOL. That and I missed a one time deal on one that I should have bought and didn't so maybe that has a factor in it.

#9 pulltilbroke OFFLINE  

pulltilbroke

MMMMmmmm DIESEL

• Contributor
  • Member No: 50
  • 469 Thanks
  • 454 posts

Posted February 15, 2010 - 09:36 PM

I am actually going to get the tractor I thought I'd never own in March. The only year that tractor had Allis Chalmers markings 1984 920 and the old man is gettin his when the snow melts.

#10 jdslednut ONLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted February 17, 2010 - 09:39 PM

It's gotta be a Minneapolis Moline 110 (or any of the Town & Country series). There's just something about a rare beast.

#11 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 18, 2010 - 10:52 AM

It's gotta be a Minneapolis Moline 110 (or any of the Town & Country series). There's just something about a rare beast.

That's a good one. I would like to have an Oliver garden tractor, one of the bigger ones, not sure of the model numbers thought.

#12 Weaverama OFFLINE  

Weaverama

• Member No: 38
  • 1 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted February 18, 2010 - 03:31 PM

John Deere 430
John Deere 420
IH Cub 982
IH Cub 582

In no particular order.

#13 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 18, 2010 - 05:55 PM

John Deere 430
John Deere 420
IH Cub 982
IH Cub 582

In no particular order.

Why not a super cub. What is the number 1682 or something like that?

#14 Gary Burnett OFFLINE  

Gary Burnett

• Member No: 44
  • 10 Thanks
  • 98 posts

Posted February 18, 2010 - 08:33 PM

Buddy of mione that collects MM has 3 of the MM garden tractors basically the same as the Jacobsen/Fords

#15 Weaverama OFFLINE  

Weaverama

• Member No: 38
  • 1 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted February 18, 2010 - 09:16 PM

Why not a super cub. What is the number 1682 or something like that?

The 982 is a Super. I got a lead on an 1872 Super I spotted the other day. Might need a M18 Kohler for it though.