OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 01:57 PM

Sam (1967 bolens collector) finally got here earlier today :D  It was a longer trip to pick up the trencher than they had thought.

They stopped over night just down the road a bit from me, which was a wise move as we got about 6-8" of lake effect snow overnight.  It would not have been fun driving in that.

The sun was shining and it is pretty today with the fresh (but not for long) snow. A bit on the cool side at around 19-20* but no wind.

Sam was here to pick up the E-Z Rake dethatcher attachment for his EK10, and drop off a 'goody' for me.

I fired up the HDT and we used it for most of the moving.  No sense in carrying that dethatcher 50 yds. or so when there is a tractor available. :D :D :D

Anyway, we got the dethatcher loaded into the truck, and he's now off to Akron to pick up another implement.  How he's going to get it on the truck along with the trencher and dethatcher should be an interesting story.  He will probably tell us all about that later.

OH...the goody he left?  That was the rear 540 PTO attachment that was on the trencher :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:

I had been talking with him in PMs and had asked him that if he did get the trencher if he would sell me his PTO.  He said that he wanted to keep the NOS one, but he was willing to sell me the one that was on the trencher.  Negoations started, a deal was struck, and...life is GOOD.  He even had a set of mounting plates made for it since the trencher didn't use them.

All in all it was a nice, if short, visit.  Would have been nicer if it wouldn't have snowed, and we had more time to talk, and maybe play with a couple of my tractors.

Edited by OldBuzzard, February 17, 2013 - 01:58 PM.

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 02:14 PM

Glad to hear Pickup and delivery went smoothly :D

Sounds like both of you had a good time and each got something they wanted :thumbs:

What are you going to run with that PTO Oldbuzzard?

#3 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 02:14 PM

Sounds like everyone is a winner with this deal!

#4 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 02:23 PM

Not sure at this time.  I'm investigating the possibility of converting the 3-pt to CAT 1.  I'm pretty sure that the HT20D or HDT100 would have no problem handling some of the CAT 1 implements.

The major problem with that PTO is that you can't use it and a 3-pt at the same time, since they both mount between the tabs on the axle.

I'm thinking that if I get a set of CAT 1 lift arms, and mount them to the OUTSIDE of the tabs, that may allow me to use both at the same time.

I know that a couple of folks have advised against that, because it could possibly break the tabs.  I'm not sure about that as the 3-pt for the earlier LFs mount don't mount between the tabs. They mount on the inside of the tabs, and those seem to have no problems with breaking.

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 03:29 PM

I'm not familiar with the tabs you mention but would it be possible to use a single long pin or bolt that went through both tabs and also mounted the arms on the outside? That way the load would be distributed over both tabs. 

#6 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 04:04 PM

That's exactly what I'm thinking of doing, and how the hitch on the 1886 -01 mounts, except it's on the inside as opposed to the outside.

This pic shows how the lower lift arm is mounted on the 1886-01

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_4510.JPG

Edited by OldBuzzard, February 17, 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#7 Guest_gravely-power_*

Guest_gravely-power_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 17, 2013 - 06:25 PM

How come all this buying, selling, trading and no pictures?  You should know better.

#8 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 06:50 PM

Too danged cold, plus I had snow to move as well.

I'm sure that you will see pics of Sam's trencher and dethatcher fairly soon.

Once I get the PTO assembled, I'll post some pics of that as well, but that will have to wait for much warmer weather.

#9 1967bolens collector ONLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 08:22 PM

Yea the trip went good were still 100 miles from home but yea i wish i could of hung out longer Dave but It's a long ride LOL

Edited by 1967bolens collector, February 19, 2013 - 09:39 AM.

• MH81 and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

#10 mcorso22 OFFLINE  

mcorso22
  • Member No: 27881
  • 34 Thanks
  • 56 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 10:53 PM

Cool, I hope to make it to the buzzard nest sooner then later, and agree on the warmer weather

#11 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted February 19, 2013 - 09:42 AM

well we made it home all safe and we got the disc in there pretty easy and on my way there i got a call from a guy about a 1225 an i been trying to find a good one for a while now so it was another hour west of were i was but he said he will meet me in the middle or bring it i told him either way is fine with me