OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 11:48 PM

Looks like I'm going to have to unlimber one of my 'snow moving' tractors tomorrow.  I think maybe I'll give my newly bought EK7 with the snowcaster a try.

It started snowing earlier this afternoon, and the Weather guessers were forecasting 1-2".  Right now it's still snowing, and shows no promise of stopping any time soon.

Here's a couple of pics of their 1-2" :D :D :D

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_4517.JPG
  • 100_4518.JPG

Edited by OldBuzzard, February 16, 2013 - 11:51 PM.

• Moosetales said thank you

#2 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,301 Thanks
  • 2,335 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 12:34 AM

We had 2 inches drop last night but it all melted by noon today.That 60* heat wave we had the other day made a heck of a muddy mess.I had some fun down at the farm doing doughnuts in the fields with the old farm truck.Well until the universal left loose in the driveshaft again.I think the driveshaft is slightly bent on the old girl.It blows atleast 1 universal every year.

#3 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 07:02 AM

they guessed bout 3-6 for us and I'd say there's 5 out there and it has stopped. They say the lake effect warning goes til 1pm today so we'll see.  I'm actually more shocked they got it right for once.  Shoveled a path to the truck for the misses and lil ones so we can go to church, I'll get out the Ariens after church.

#4 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 08:49 AM

Man, wish I had some snow to move.  West central Missouri has had a slow year for snow so far.  The weather folks are saying this Thursday could be a good chance for some snow, we'll see.  I have had the 446 out and about a couple of times, just to move a GT from the garage to storage under the deck.  And I pulled my 140 out of the garage for some de-greasing and power washing.  I guess some seat time is better than no seat time at all.

#5 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 12:30 PM

Looks like about 5 inches of fresh snow on top of last weeks blizzard so far here, they are saying 6-8", least it makes the dirty snow look pretty.

Decided to wait it out, as it's a real dry snow, they say it will stop in a few hours from now so maybe a quick clean-up.

Worst part is looks like the high temp for the day is 21°, might be time for a remote start on the Case, :D

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,296 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 01:01 PM

Got just enough last night to call it snow... Maybe some overnight tonight.