• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Donnie OFFLINE  

Donnie
  • Member No: 28291
  • 40 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 07:22 PM

First let me say hello , I have been enjoying this site reading all the threads I can. The place that I work bought a new exmark about 7500 dollars! I have been using three old garden tractors for 10 years they run great, but the zero radius is much faster. I do the maintenance for a electrical business , which entails mowing the grounds. The owner gave away one of the tractors to his nephew, so we were down to too old ones taking up space in the Barn ! Well have recently moved out to the country on 3 acres and was in need of a mower and snow blower. I remembered the old mowers. I havent used them in three years, but the maintenance was top notch for the last 13 years, lol.and they run great just need batteries. Ok your wondering what kind they are huh? one is a Massey Ferguson mf 16 hydrospeed with a snowblower (which I haven used in 13 years) The other is a Wheel Horse D250 with a renault motor, three point hitch, but no utensils. I was thinking about making an offer on one of these . the D250 has a pto front and back. but the MF16 has a snowblower and a really nice cab. the cab  ( which I removed 13 years ago) it runs fantastic and I like the hydrspeed . They are both in good condition mechanically just alittle beat up. I have a pic of the Mf 16.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0188.JPG
  • IMG_0191.JPG
  • IMG_0187.JPG
  • IMG_0195.JPG
  • IMG_0192.JPG
  • IMG_0185.JPG

• olcowhand and boyscout862 have said thanks

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 07:27 PM

Oh my, I'd have to try for BOTH!  The MF16 is a super tractor, and likely the best for your needs, and for parts, but that D250 is an awesome tractor just to own!  Welcome to GTT!   And please, pics of the D250 also! 

• Donnie said thank you

#3 Donnie OFFLINE  

Donnie
  • 40 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 07:35 PM

Ill get pics of th d250 when Im back at work , and the cab. funny Ive been using them to take car of twenty acre for that last 13 years , but never really use the utensils. I use the plow truck on the parking lot, and the international with a woods for the majority of mowing. i only mow around the building with these until I got the exmark !LOL.

Edited by Donnie, February 16, 2013 - 07:35 PM.

#4 Donnie OFFLINE  

Donnie
  • 40 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 07:38 PM

Oh yeah the one they gave the nephew was another MF16 , a twin to the other one.

#5 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 07:40 PM

Hi Donnie :wave:

Welcome to GTT.

Grab both machines. You might as well, because in the long run, once

you're hooked on GTs, you'll wish you had.

• Donnie said thank you

#6 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 07:55 PM

You definitely need to grab both of them. Any of us that read this thread are thinking "why can't that be me!!" Both of those tractors are highly sought after and once your bit by the GT bug (and you will be bit now that you have 3 acres) you will be kicking yourself if you don't get both. It's especially nice that you know the condition/history of them. And yes, pics of the d250 please!

Edited by broken2, February 16, 2013 - 07:57 PM.

• Donnie said thank you

#7 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 08:00 PM

Welcome to GTTalk! Pour a cup of your favorite beverage and stay a spell! This is a great place to spend some time. 

Grab both of those GTs and share pics of the D250, please!

Geno

• Donnie said thank you

#8 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 08:23 PM

Welcome to GTT. Relax and spend awhile. Both of those tractors are very desireable. In practical terms try for both but if you can only get one the MF would be more useful from the  beginning. The D250 may take awhile to find attachments. Good Luck, Rick

• Donnie said thank you

#9 Donnie OFFLINE  

Donnie
  • 40 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 08:35 PM

Now that Ive looked through some of these pages Im thinking Ill need another one to mow with while I restore the Mf16, lol. who knew a GT could be so beautiful !  Im already thinking of things to do first.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#10 Donnie OFFLINE  

Donnie
  • 40 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 08:43 PM

Now that i think about it there is a whole shelf of red and white boxes with air filters, coils, and them altenator starter things at work. I might even have spark plugs there, lol. I know some say wheel horse on them and some have I think have MF on them . Ill get pics of those too! I have 15 quarts of the old oil cans still around. The Barn is full of things like that. Before the original owner passed away he owned this place forever. Theres all kinds of things in there. There is another snow blower that visable in those pics too ,its the white one. theres discs, rototillers, and farm implemennts that I have no idea what they do !! lol.

Edited by Donnie, February 16, 2013 - 08:47 PM.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#11 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,313 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 08:57 PM

First :welcome: to GTTalk.

Second to answer your Question
BOTH
BOTH
BOTH
!!!!!

I agree with everything said above, the Massey is a real work horse and the implements (while not common) are available... And you already have the mower and blower.

The WH, if its a runner, is an absolute beast. It would be a GREAT tractor to put a Front End Loader on.

Either way, you're on the right track... We love pics :thumbs:
  • Donnie said thank you

#12 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 09:04 PM

Now that i think about it there is a whole shelf of red and white boxes with air filters, coils, and them altenator starter things at work. I might even have spark plugs there, lol. I know some say wheel horse on them and some have I think have MF on them . Ill get pics of those too! I have 15 quarts of the old oil cans still around. The Barn is full of things like that. Before the original owner passed away he owned this place forever. Theres all kinds of things in there. There is another snow blower that visable in those pics too ,its the white one. theres discs, rototillers, and farm implemennts that I have no idea what they do !! lol.

Get some pics and post them, the members here will be able to tell you what the stuff is. Stuff like this hidden away for years is what we dream about. If I lived closer to you I'd be trying to become your new best friend!

• Donnie said thank you

#13 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 09:16 PM

Welcome to GTTalk.  Everyone else is right: grab them both, think about it later!  You won't be sorry!

If he wants to get rid of the parts on the shelf, let me know and I will put a bid on them if someone can ship them to VA.  The oil cans are special collectors pieces too, if you find the right person.

Ben W.

• Donnie said thank you

#14 Donnie OFFLINE  

Donnie
  • 40 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 09:24 PM

Hey after some reading ,I figured out those utensils are called Implements !! lol.

• MH81 said thank you

#15 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 09:27 PM

Donnie, Welcome to GTtalk, glad you joined us here. I would get them both if you can. the D-250 is more of a rare bird then the M/F16. They are both very desirable tractors.

Please take pictures of all the stuff on the shelves and in the barn, we'll help you identify them.

• Donnie said thank you