49 replies to this topic

#46 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted March 27, 2016 - 07:51 PM

LPBolens I'm psyched as I think you have answered my 4 year question of how to hook mine up. I think I have all the pieces I need except for that triangle looking piece and the other rectangle mount bracket which I think may go to the york rake?  Here are my pieces.

If possible could I get dimensions for the triangle piece?

Also, it looks like the rectangle bracket in your picture that is sitting alone near the triangle bracket may be the same width as the one that is connected to the blade. If so, could you give me the measurement of the length of the legs as I could probably make my own. I posted a picture of that bracket with yellow to indicate what I am talking about.

This setup would work great on my gravel driveway. It would also look really nice mounted on my restored 853.

The one I got looks very similar to the one u got but u have more pieces to it then me the guy I got it from had a post of it on here in 2013
  • Husky and MyBolens1053 have said thanks

#47 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 923 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 04:08 PM

The one I got looks very similar to the one u got but u have more pieces to it then me the guy I got it from had a post of it on here in 2013

I think that the pictures that Doug posted with the measurements should allow you to see what is missing from yours. Most of the pieces wont be too hard to make if you have a welder and grinder or even a plasma cutter. I plan on making the two pieces that I am missing. I would love to put it on one of my gear driven tractors to level the end of my driveway every few weeks when the grade the road and mess up the end of my driveway.

• LPBolens, blackjackjakexxix and MyBolens1053 have said thanks

#48 Rainier OFFLINE  

Rainier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 53758
  • 376 Thanks
  • 392 posts

Posted April 04, 2016 - 06:33 PM

This is the one that came with a 1050 I picked up last summer. I think the blade supposed to angle but it has been welded on the sides.
I haven't tried hooking it up yet. As you can see there are two brackets, I think that you change them out depending whether you want to mid mount or front mount. Maybe rear mount? This great info!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

• Bolens 1000, blackjackjakexxix and MyBolens1053 have said thanks

#49 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted April 04, 2016 - 09:25 PM

Yes, you swap the brackets out depending on whether you want the blade in the rear, mid-mount, or front. Rear and mid use the bracket with the vertical ears that mate up to the rear axle tabs.
  • blackjackjakexxix, MyBolens1053 and Rainier have said thanks

#50 Rainier OFFLINE  

Rainier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 53758
  • 376 Thanks
  • 392 posts

Posted April 04, 2016 - 09:29 PM

Well it looks like I will have to manufacture some brackets. The one in the picture are home made. That little triangle one should not be to hard to make.
  • blackjackjakexxix and MyBolens1053 have said thanks