As some of you may remember, I have been reviving an HB112. I've spent part of these last few colder months focusing a few smaller problems: the seat not closing properly, getting the T66X hydro to stop leaking, and taking the slop out of the speed control system.
I've gotten the seat to close properly. It no longer rubs on the hydro fan guard. I removed the seat and seat pan, recovered the seat, and replaced the 4 seat spacer / cushions (Simplicity 2159085), I also removed the two '085 cushions from the front seat support and replaced them with a pair of Simplicity 2157094. The '085's have 5/8" of rubber whereas the '094's have a full 1". That gave me an extra 3/8" of lift to keep the seat pan off the fan guard.
Once the seat was back on, I took it for a quick spin. The pintles aren't leaking (so far, knock on wood), but there was still a lot of slop in the speed control system, even with my new double ended ball joint. After a bit of playing around, I decided to move the hydro cooler hold-down spring to keep the system under tension, as was done in later models. Now it works perfectly.