4 replies to this topic

#1 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,451 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 03:54 PM

As some of you may remember, I have been reviving an HB112.  I've spent part of these last few colder months focusing a few smaller problems: the seat not closing properly, getting the T66X hydro to stop leaking, and taking the slop out of the speed control system.  

I've gotten the seat to close properly.  It no longer rubs on the hydro fan guard.  I removed the seat and seat pan, recovered the seat, and replaced the 4 seat spacer / cushions (Simplicity 2159085), I also removed the two '085 cushions from the front seat support and replaced them with a pair of Simplicity 2157094.  The '085's have 5/8" of rubber whereas the '094's have a full 1".  That gave me an extra 3/8" of lift to keep the seat pan off the fan guard.

before.jpg After.jpg hb112 -p7.jpg DSCN2779.JPG hb112 -p6.jpg DSCN2791.JPG DSCN2764.JPG DSCN2763.JPG

Once the seat was back on, I took it for a quick spin.  The pintles aren't leaking (so far, knock on wood), but there was still a lot of slop in the speed control system, even with my new double ended ball joint.  After a bit of playing around, I decided to move the hydro cooler hold-down spring to keep the system under tension, as was done in later models.  Now it works perfectly.  

DSCN2789.JPG DSCN2790.JPG

parts list showing a spring.jpg

• Alc, Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 04:27 PM

Glad to see you figured out how to keep the fender pan off the fan. Looks good to me !! :thumbs:

• New.Canadian.DB.Owner said thank you

#3 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,433 Thanks
  • 39,673 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 05:00 AM

Sounds like you have it figured out. Thanks for sharing your fixes!

#4 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 07:15 AM

Looks to be a real good start on reviving the old beast.  Did you repaint the filter canister and the plate over the cooler or did they come that way.  I parted a similar Simplicity and the tank was black.

#5 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,451 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 08:41 AM

Looks to be a real good start on reviving the old beast.  Did you repaint the filter canister and the plate over the cooler or did they come that way.  I parted a similar Simplicity and the tank was black.

I painted them.  They were black originally.  I was doing trials on different paints to find one I really like.  The orange was a total failure.  It is way to soft for tractors. That's why there are plastic stickers at the rub points. But, what is done, is done.  

Edited by New.Canadian.DB.Owner, February 16, 2013 - 11:16 AM.

• Michiganmobileman said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hb112