• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 curts garage OFFLINE  

curts garage

• Member No: 1256
  • 40 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted March 02, 2013 - 11:26 AM

Paid for blower last night, picking it up monday.  on way to get my 400.  anyone have idea on PTO speed for the blower? 

#17 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted March 02, 2013 - 01:48 PM

The front PTO speed is the same......they use the same shaft and pulley on both machines so the speed is identical.  The mower deck off of a 420 will mount on the 400 as long as you have the draft arms for the 400.  I know this to be true because I have a HD 60" deck off of a 430 that is on my 400.  I recently bought a set of draft arms for the 430 so that I can swap it back and forth between machines depending on my needs.  

I happen to be partial to the 400 but I own about 6 of them......lol  The one that I am currently using has been repowered with a 20 horse Kohler Magnum.  My youngest brother just finished putting another one together that is running a K582 (just a bigger bore version of the 532)  I have several parts machines as well.  So if you need any parts just give me a shout.......lol

• curts garage said thank you

#18 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted March 16, 2013 - 09:05 PM

I found out recently that there are a few more differences between the decks on the 400 and the 430.  The drive shaft is different and the rear hanger brackets are different as well.  I have been told that the gear box on the 400 is offset but I havent verified that yet.