#1 DGS345 OFFLINE  

DGS345

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 513
  • 16 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted September 22, 2010 - 04:29 PM

I have decided that I am going to try and see if I can stir up some local interest in a tractor club' to get together put on some shows etc. there is nothing really close to me, And I'm sure there is some interest I see a few old tractors around here. I'm going to advertise in the local paper and on CL. and try to plan a show at the local airport, its small and they do alot of car shows and stuff there. If anyone has done this or has any ideas that may help let me know. I figure if I start now maybe I can have something set up for this summer. My dad did this with a car club that is still going strong in the whole northeast but he is no longer here to ask ?. so any ideas or thoughts would be great.

Edited by DGS345, September 22, 2010 - 04:59 PM.

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted September 22, 2010 - 05:01 PM

That does sound like a good plan.

#3 DGS345 OFFLINE  

DGS345

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 16 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted September 22, 2010 - 05:25 PM

Yea I'm hoping it works out would be nice to see some other guys stuff. there is also pulls a few times a year about a half hour from here I've been talking with the people who run that to see if i could maybe do something there. how far from here are you maybe you could bring some Bolens? zip here is 13733

That does sound like a good plan.

#4 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted September 22, 2010 - 05:34 PM

Looks to be close to a 4 hour drive....

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 22, 2010 - 06:26 PM

You are about 4 hours from me as well. If you can get something going I think we could make it up. I think it would be in your best interest to try and do a show with the tractor pulls maybe on one of their off weekends so you can have a run what ya brung for fun pull.

#6 DGS345 OFFLINE  

DGS345

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 16 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted September 22, 2010 - 08:20 PM

You are about 4 hours from me as well. If you can get something going I think we could make it up. I think it would be in your best interest to try and do a show with the tractor pulls maybe on one of their off weekends so you can have a run what ya brung for fun pull.

yea thats kinda what i was thinking

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,335 Thanks
  • 28,644 posts

Posted September 22, 2010 - 08:21 PM

Are there any larger Tractor Shows in the area? For the 1st few years it might work to shirt-tail at their show. Several of the area shows have 2 "Features" every year. Our show usually does something like "Horse drawn equipment" or "Corn Items" as the 2nd, but we have done "David Bradley" and are hoping to do "Garden Tractors" in a few years. Gotta drum up the interest in the critters 1st... Every year there are a few more at our show and our Plow Day.

#8 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted September 22, 2010 - 08:56 PM

Your about 3hrs from me. I might be able to make it down for an event, especially if there is a run what ya brung for fun pull.

#9 DGS345 OFFLINE  

DGS345

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 16 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted September 23, 2010 - 07:08 AM

Are there any larger Tractor Shows in the area? For the 1st few years it might work to shirt-tail at their show. Several of the area shows have 2 "Features" every year. Our show usually does something like "Horse drawn equipment" or "Corn Items" as the 2nd, but we have done "David Bradley" and are hoping to do "Garden Tractors" in a few years. Gotta drum up the interest in the critters 1st... Every year there are a few more at our show and our Plow Day.

not that I'm aware of I am going to be doing some research into it and find out. gives me another winter project to add to the list.