• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mauser1111_*

Guest_mauser1111_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 12, 2013 - 11:28 PM

I just finished installing a 6hp china diesel (ebay) in a sears custom 7. My first question is on the throttle hookup. Anyone have any experience hooking these up. It is very touchy with the fuel shutoff. And second question i want to modify the exhaust so it blows out the side, not rear. Anyone know of a place to get a different exhaust flange or would i be better off just modifying the one on it.

• Moosetales said thank you

#2 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 06:29 AM

mauser, I won't be of much help as I am fairly new to the GT world but I do know that the guys around here will want to see pics of your project...especially since this is a "custom" job. The pics will not only "feed" the guys and keep them happy :bigrofl:  but they will also help in getting to the bottom of your problem/question. Look forward to seeing more of your project.

#3 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 06:50 AM

The throttle is a tricky thing on these and you will most likely need to get creative. Does it have the "lock" on it for full throttle ? If so it will need to be disabled . As for being touchy, you may also need to make the arm longer that you connect the throttle cable too.
The exhaust is the fun part. This has many options for customizing. Not so many "factory" options......

But for more help... WE NEED PICS please .please... :)

#4 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 07:51 AM

Pics or you don't have a problem!!

:bigrofl:  :bigrofl: :bigrofl:  :bigrofl:

J/K

What sort of flange does it have.  I know a guy who makes flanges to fit the 13 hp Hondas that ends in a threaded pipe, don't know if the flange would fit your engine.

#5 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 10:15 AM

I know nothing about the China Diesels but am interested in seeing what your doing and how your going at it.

I have this crazy idea of picking up one of the little 300 series Bobcats and installing a China diesel to use on my hobby farm.

#6 Boss 448 OFFLINE  

Boss 448

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1724
  • 48 Thanks
  • 248 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 04:30 PM

It is very touchy with the fuel shutoff.

I have not had to deal with this issue yet (I will as I own a 10 HP China diesel itching to get into something soon) but if I understand your problem the throttle fully shuts-off fuel at the closed throttle position and shuts down the engine. This is done on purpose on these engines since there is no other way to stop the engine. As another poster suggested I think that lengthing the throttle arm will give you more travel and sensitivity using your tractor throttle cable. Still, it may be hard to keep from killing the engine when throttling back so I have a suggestion. In the 60's and 70's many cars (carb equipped in those days) had an idle solenoid that held the throttle open at an idle position when energized. When de-engergized (ignition switch turned off) the solenoid retracted to shut down the engine. The purpose of this was to keep the gas engine from run-on (dieseling) after the ignition was shut off. I don't think it would be too difficult to locate and adapt one of these solenoids for your use.

Good Luck - nice install BTW!

Edited by Boss 448, February 21, 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#7 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 02:03 PM

Here's a picture of my Friend's rig with a 6.7 hp Diesel i can ask him about the throttle and he said that the cable was hooked in with a Screw and the held the sleeve on with 2 zip ties

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture 523.jpg

Edited by 8tyman8, February 22, 2013 - 02:10 PM.