3 replies to this topic

#1 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,428 Thanks
  • 4,616 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 09:42 PM

I would like to get a working temperature gauge for the HDT1000.

I'm going to assume that the threads are a 'standard' size of some sort.

The question is, what might that size be?  Would the fact that it's a Japanese engine matter or would it possibly be an international standard?

I know I'm not going to be able to match the gauge exactly, but a 'close' looking gauge would be just fine.  It's not like anyone is going to be able to tell if it's 'stock' or not since the tractor is so rare. :D :D :D

I sure could use some pointers on what to look for.

Oh, the engine is the Mitsubishi K3D.

#2 Cat385B OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,362 Thanks
  • 8,697 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 10:04 PM

Just an idiot light on the Bolens/Iseki G152. No help here.

#3 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,753 Thanks
  • 1,396 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 10:33 AM

Don't know if this will help. I have 2 Mitsubishi's and over the years have needed parts that just weren't available because of dealer franchise changes.  My one Mitsy came from the Cub Cadet dealer in Chardon, Ohio (right next to Arbys), and the other one came from the Kubota Dealer in Middlefield, Ohio, both had parts managers that were awesome (these guys were GOOD, but I think they both may have retired now) haven't been up there the last few years so I can't say for sure. Well I found out that Lashley Tractor in SE Ohio also used to carry Mitsubishi, they also have become a Kubota dealer.The guys behind the counter at Lashley out by Seneca Lake were I go now also have years of experience (not just screen readers). I've been told that the Japanese tractor folks are much like any manufacturer, some items are sourced out and some are prioritized to the company. Well I have gotten switches and gauges and such that are exactly the same except for the name on the box and hook right up, the key is finding a parts man that can do more than just read the screen. The Mahindra tractors and some modern Cub Cadets and certain older Case and IH compacts (late 70's into the 80's) all have some direct parts interchange with Mitsubishi also. Hope you find an "old timer" that can hook you up.

#4 boyscout862 ONLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,523 Thanks
  • 7,383 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 10:58 AM

I've had some luck with http://baileynet.com/ and https://www.surpluscenter.com/ for odd parts. You end up spending a bunch of time searching but its like a treasure hunt. I picked up a bunch of solenoids for $5 each that fit many older gts from surplus center. Bailey sometimes gets tractor seats for cheap. I use Bailey for hardware and hydraulics mostly. Good Luck, Rick