#16 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 07:24 PM

A little late reading this Bill but sounds like the guys got you on the right track. I would also like to thank your son for his service. Hope everything works out good for him.
  • HDWildBill said thank you

#17 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,523 Thanks
  • 7,383 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 10:37 PM

Bill the appointment is good news.

I want to say to all veterans: use the VA whenever you can. The politicians always look at cutting the VA. There is strength in numbers. If we want the VA to be available to all veterans we all have to use it.

My wife and I are both Army vets with 50 years combined service. She has had 5 major and several minor surgeries over the past 12 years at the VA. The quality of care in the West Haven, CT,  VA  Hospitol was much better than in private hospitols.

If you are a vet, be sure that your VA registration is current. If you know a vet, encourage him or her to be registered. It is another case where we will sink or swim together. Good Luck , Rick

• HDWildBill and A.C.T. have said thanks

#18 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 12:37 AM

Thanks to you and your Son for your service. A lot of good information was given out. I take some real expensive medication and have found the Drug Companies have programs and incentives. Be sure to check with them as they have saved me thousands.
  • HDWildBill and boyscout862 have said thanks

#19 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 05:01 AM

One thing that kind of confuses some people about the VA, is there are 3 different branches. There is VBA, VHA, and NCA. VBA is is Veterans Benefit Admin, these are the people that provide Education, housing, and other benefits, VHA is Veterans Health Admin, they provide the Hospitals and Health Care. And then there is National Cemetary Admin, they control the National Cemetaries. There are also State run Veterans homes. Each agency has their own way of doing business. This is where the runaround comes from. In Tulsa they have a trail program called Veterans Court, if a Vet gets in trouble with drugs or alcohol, they can go to Veterans Court where they can get help from the VA. There may be programs in your area that you may not know about. There are a lot of good people at the VA, and there a lot that don't give a damn. You just have to find the right person. And a lot of it is just Bureaucracy.
  • HDWildBill and boyscout862 have said thanks