#1 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,055 Thanks
  • 1,436 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 08:03 AM

One thing about lot of the pics being posted any one of us who are on dial up have one heck of a time seeing the pics.It takes forever the pics to load , I usually give up waiting for them to show up in the posts and move onto a different post.Sorry about the rant .Larry

• tinbender7 and boyscout862 have said thanks

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,705 Thanks
  • 28,347 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 08:13 AM

Larry, it isn't so much resizing, but pictures that are linked from off site.

If a pic is loaded directly into the site, it auto-resizes and only shows as a thumbnail. It's only big if you click on it. Th ones that are links show big right off the bat.
Also, it's here and not apt to be a broken link later when someone re organizes their photobucket acc't
  • HDWildBill said thank you

#3 Arti OFFLINE  

• Member No: 11282
  • 1,266 Thanks
  • 956 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 08:24 AM

I have the same problem, I'm a few miles from town and have dsl however it is very slow and somewhat glitch y . 

Perhaps someone can chime in and offer suggestions.  I've been thinking about getting a smartphone and tethering to it or getting a mobile hotspot.  The G3 would be the best we could hope for in this area. Currently I'm using a dumb phone.

To watch youtube or download anything of any size I goto the Golden Arches for coffee and use a 7 inch tablet with android on it !

#4 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,153 Thanks
  • 4,566 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 08:37 AM

I see a ton of posts in the forums where the link is corrupt and there is only a small box or Icon..  That is why I prefer to load them in the site..  I usually re-size them to a regular size before uploading them.  (My camera is 14 MP which is way to big for display here!)    

Sorry it takes so to load long Massey!!  Perhaps you can change web browsers if you are running Window explorer..  Change over to Google Chrome or Firefox..  They take up less system resources!  Another item to consider is passible hardware updates may get you some more speed..  Just some thoughts for ya..

• MH81 and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 04:21 PM

The pics uploaded to the site shouldn't cause any issues like the guys mentioned. It would be the ones that are linked to from off site which show at a fairly large size and if they are a large file size they would take a long time to load. When the links are broke on a few pics it makes it even worse because the browsers will continue to try loading the image even though it isn't there.

I always encourage anyone to upload their pictures to the site. For one we don't have to worry about pics missing because of broken links and two it resizes them just for this purpose.

• massey driver, MH81, Texas Deere and Horse and 1 other said thanks

#6 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,654 Thanks
  • 8,527 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 06:02 PM

For Firefox users here is some tweak to speed your load times. There are a few other guides as well google "tweaks for firefox" with out the quotes.  Arti I think I would be having a conversation with the phone company you should be a lot faster on DSL then that.

There is another alternative to dial up and that is satellite but it is more expensive in fact it is more expensive then DSL.  At least in my area.

• KennyP and tractorgarden have said thanks

#7 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 09:58 PM

We are rural and use our smartphones now for internet (Droid Verizon).  At home (3G) is usually pretty fast although not as fast as it is in town (4G).