• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 07:18 PM

I had a thread on that here http://gardentractor.../?hl=+satellite

Oh, now I remember.

BTW, yes we did have C band up here. I've got one of those accuators somewhere. 

#17 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,503 Thanks
  • 4,955 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 10:20 AM

Mike, same thing happend to someone on MTF recently, I think there is a thread on how they fixed it. Maybe it was the drive pulley, I don't remember. Easiest is to find a parts blower and steal parts from it...I said "easiest" :D

You maybe able to research other ones for other brands and make something fit...???

#18 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 02:03 PM

does peerless 2300 have a limited slip?

I believe there were a few 2300 trannys with a limited slip.

#19 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 09:23 PM

Best way to figure out how much weight you need with a Blower on is to Weigh the blower and then add the same Weight to the rear tires + 50%.Chains are a Must have when it comes to blowing.4 link chains are OK but a good set of 2 link chains with Ice cleats is the way to go.

If your blower weighs 100lbs add 150lbs+

As far as your broken blower.I would look around for another used one.You can use almost any blower as long as you have your blower for parts and a decent welder.

#20 iron Mike OFFLINE  

iron Mike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5236
  • 36 Thanks
  • 82 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 09:21 PM

Can you show us the damage that we're talking about? Maybe a few pics would get the creative ideas flowing.

I will post pictures of the damage to the Craftsman snow blower as soon as I haul it out of the field. I was a little upset with it and left it there. Will try to do this over the weekend.

• MH81 said thank you

#21 Hugh OFFLINE  

Hugh

• Member No: 1954
  • 155 Thanks
  • 168 posts

Posted February 18, 2013 - 09:26 PM

My Haban blower drive gear also stripped recently, I havent fixed it yet, but I am sure as hell not paying $250 to fix it.

I run #450 on the back of my plow tractor with 10.50 ags and have no need for limited slip. I rarely spin one tire.

#22 mtoney ONLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 540 posts

Posted February 19, 2013 - 08:53 AM

I run 2 link chains with ice cleats on the rear of my 518 with the heavy 48" blade, while not as heavy as those blowers, I run NO wheel weights.  Just my 200lb butt in the seat and I have no problems on ice or pack snow when I back up our steep drive with the blade up.  That is where a hydro shines, you can ease into motion a bit smoother than with a belt clutch.  When I had my SS16, I wished it was a hydro, that would have been the perfect SS16, with hydro and hyd lift.  With that heavy blower, a bucket of concrete or other heavy weight on the 3pt might help counter act the nose mounted weight.  I my love my  hydro, but I still want an SS16 again!    Mike