#1 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 10:58 AM

Had these little boogers born Sunday night about 7:45. Doe was a few days overdue so we induced her Saturday. When I got to the barn, she already had the buck out cleaning him up, he was only few mins old. Doe came out about 10 mins later. Too bad we aren't keeping the buck, he has a super thick neck on him. He gets banded and off to market for July fair. Doe will become a breeder.
I guess we will keep the human kids too :)
These kids aren't too smart, having a hard time finding nipple to nurse, my dairy babies have no problems. they nurse good once latched on, but can't seem to find it.

Oh, can a mod check my profile or is it the board? I cannot use any of the editting extras, they are shadowed out, no smilies, font, color, quick links, nothing. Maybe I should log out then back on first?

20 mins old, buck standing

photobucket-52938-1360595238269_zps9f204

the boys
photobucket-51790-1360595253809_zps26cdc

girls
photobucket-72795-1360595266254_zpsd7e16

this morning pic, stupid infrared heat lamp making pics red

photobucket-82802-1360595291664_zps10581
  • MH81, Alc, Texas Deere and Horse and 3 others have said thanks

#2 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,716 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 11:06 AM

Your profile looks alright to me but I'll move the request to the mod forum. good looking Kids-both kinds! Do you make them all sleep in the barn??

• TAHOE said thank you

#3 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 11:15 AM

Try hitting F5 to clear your cache, maybe that will help.

• TAHOE said thank you

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 11:30 AM

Good looking newborns and good barn help too.

In the upper left hand corner of your new post or more reply options box, there is a little light switch.
Click on it and see if it fixes it.

• Texas Deere and Horse, JDBrian and TAHOE have said thanks

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 11:45 AM

What Alan said above! That seems to happen to me on certain computers only for some reason.

• TAHOE said thank you

#6 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 12:33 PM

Good looking Kid's,  I take it you are on a farm.  Did you get your profile issue solved?

#7 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 12:34 PM

Good looking barn help and kids too!

Geno

#8 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 12:45 PM

Your profile looks alright to me but I'll move the request to the mod forum. good looking Kids-both kinds! Do you make them all sleep in the barn??

I would like to make them sleep in the barn sometimes..... teenagers, enough said LOL!!!

Good looking newborns and good barn help too.

In the upper left hand corner of your new post or more reply options box, there is a little light switch.
Click on it and see if it fixes it.

Not sure how much barn help they are, I do all the stinkin' work. :wallbanging:

Yes....the light switch worked, all options are useable!

Wildbill, no farm. My parents have 3 acres with a nice old barn and about 1 1/2 acres fence, perfect for a small herd of goats, we live 1/2 mile around the corner. My mom is 79 so the animals are a good excuse for me to have to stop and check on her twice a day. We only breed 2-3 does, mainly to get a couple bucks for market projects and maybe some fresh does for herd. We have 1 boer and 2 alpines, the alpines were supposed to be bred but we either screwed up on due date, they are just late, or never got pregnant. We maybe selling and going back to Nubians for my daughter, my son is now into boers for market.

• HDWildBill and oldedeeres have said thanks

#9 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,836 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 06:26 PM

Nice babies, all four of them. Kids and kids go together well, don't they? We used to milk Toggenbergs, huge market for the milk for babies who couldn't drink cows milk. I always liked the Nubians, beautiful colours, very talkative, and those lovely ears! But, like they say, you cann't milk ears, and the Toggs gave more than an ice cream pail full of milk twice a day. Olde Deere #1 used to say you could put the whole doe through a press and not get much more fluid! I sure miss my goats, but not the twice daily milkings or the midnight baby checks in Feb.!

#10 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 11:04 AM

We milked our Alpines for a bit last summer, just to get us to fair time so we would have milkers for show. After that we dried them up. I only milked once per day just to keep their bags somewhat full. There is a big market here for people wanting fresh goats milk, but gotta jump through some hoops with state to be able to sell it, too much hassle for me and too much time to milk. Sad part is, we have never drank it, but I know I grew up on it as I was allergic to cow's milk. We like our dairy, but both kids seem to be wanting the boers now, not sure why. I know these two Alpines are stinking hard headed and since they are half sisters and never been apart, they gang up on everyone else, rarely do they stay with rest of goats. I like the Nubes, but yeah, they can be a little noisey, but no worse than that retarded rooster we have that crows all day long. :wallbanging:

Anyway, babies are doing well, seem to finally found the proper end of udders, bellies are full and they are content. Supposed to get down in teens this weekend though, hope they do well.

• oldedeeres said thank you