20 replies to this topic

#1 Oo-v-oO OFFLINE  

Oo-v-oO

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5162
  • 340 Thanks
  • 448 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 09:40 PM

We didn't get nearly as much snow as you guys down South of us did. I measured only around 14" after it stopped snowing, but it seems like other areas around town got more so who knows, with all the blowing and drifting. It was a pretty fine, dry snow.

I did most of my clearing on Saturday but had a little more left to clean up that I took care of today and I shot some video of it.This was my first real test of any amount of snow with the LT1000 that I repowered with a 19.5hp Briggs opposed twin. I am very pleased with the outcome. The limiting factor is definitely how much snow you can put through the blower and power is not even close to being an issue.  :thumbs: 

I'm sold on two-stage blowers. Not sure how far I'm chucking the snow, but It has to be at least 40' if not more. if the snow had just a bit more moisture I think I could have thrown it further and in a more cohesive stream.

Enjoy!

• MH81, jms180, KennyP and 6 others have said thanks

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,755 Thanks
  • 8,923 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 09:48 PM

Very impressive distance with that set up there. That would kick the carp out of any single stage I've ever used.

• Oo-v-oO said thank you

#3 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 10:14 PM

Two stage blowers rule when you are looking to throw the snow far enough away it won't bother you again.  Yours looks like it ranks right up there with a Gravely!!

• Oo-v-oO said thank you

#4 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 10:14 PM

I could sit here and watch that all day. Wicked cool. It reminds me of the tail shooting out the back of those speed boats. Thanks for the video. Your video makes me want to write a letter....

"Dear Santa,

I want a two stage snow blower that will fit my 1971 Case 444 for Christmas.

Matthew"

My single stage gets the job done but NOT in that kind of style.

• Oo-v-oO said thank you

#5 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,955 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 10:20 PM

Awsome, Very good angle.... Ive watched too many snow blowers this weekend, and I have to say your vid is the most impressive. From someone that hasn't blown snow before, and pushed mud this weekend in shorts.

• Oo-v-oO said thank you

#6 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 10:20 PM

Wow, that really does throw the snow!! Great machine!! :rocker2:   Thanks for sharing!

Geno

• Oo-v-oO said thank you

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,325 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 12:16 AM

Very neat demo of what it can do. Thanks for taking the time to upload it. After seeing that, I may have to rethink my want for a two stage... I'm coming close enough to my neighbors house with my single stage... With that, I would probably end up filling their living room.
  • Oo-v-oO said thank you

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 04:46 AM

Wow! That throws it a ways! Cool video!

• Oo-v-oO said thank you

#9 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 05:09 AM

Nice video....That GT really "Got-R-Done"!

• Oo-v-oO said thank you

#10 Oo-v-oO OFFLINE  

Oo-v-oO

• Contributor
  • 340 Thanks
  • 448 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 05:42 AM

Very neat demo of what it can do. Thanks for taking the time to upload it. After seeing that, I may have to rethink my want for a two stage... I'm coming close enough to my neighbors house with my single stage... With that, I would probably end up filling their living room.

If you don't want as much range it is as easy as pulling back on the throttle, or angling the chute deflector down a little bit. I was blowing at full throttle, which is what you usually want to do.

2-stage blowers work better with less than a full bucket of snow than single stages do, and they also tend to plug up the chute less. 

Edited by Oo-v-oO, February 11, 2013 - 05:42 AM.

• MH81 said thank you

#11 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 06:04 AM

That's doing a great job. The snow we got was perfect for blowing. My Ariens walk behind was throwing it a good distance as well.

• Oo-v-oO said thank you

#12 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 06:44 AM

Yup that sure does a sweet job, in fact it looks to be the same blow as mine ? They can really eat the snow !! And that was a nice angle on the video! I can only get video from the operator's platform. Wife is terrible with a camera.
  • Oo-v-oO said thank you

#13 Oo-v-oO OFFLINE  

Oo-v-oO

• Contributor
  • 340 Thanks
  • 448 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 05:59 PM

For the first clip I set it on my utility trailer and the second on a blue plastic drum. My wife would have probably recoded for me if I asked but I figured this was more steady and the drum wasn't going to roll its eyes at me.  :D

I don't have the model number handy but it is a 40" Agri-Fab. It's branded Craftsman, in any case, but is probably the same as for several other brands except for paint and decals. 

#14 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 06:32 PM

That's what mine is too , but mine is 46" wide . It works AWSOME ! And is quite well built . Does yours have the step up gear box that drives the blower and augers ? Mine has this and I had to flip it so it actually turned the blower/auger shaft slower . I was able to run mine direct drive with a driveshaft instead of all the pulleys and belts.

#15 Oo-v-oO OFFLINE  

Oo-v-oO

• Contributor
  • 340 Thanks
  • 448 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 07:29 PM

No, mine has a mule drive assembly under the middle of the tractor which drives down to a long belt that extends forward under the front axle. The belt goes over a pair of idler pulleys that put a 90° twist in the belt so it will go around the driven pulley which is mounted on a horizontal shaft that the second stage impeller is mounted on.

Mine has a 3-bladed impeller; I think yours is probably the 4-blade verson which is also larger diameter than mine. They throw a greater volume of snow even further than mine, I think.