• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:06 PM

Last night I had a dream that I was mowing neighbor Tessie's lawn, I also saw quite a few snakes. I remember several dreams a night, and they are usually about what I did that day, or bizarre and random... as dreams should be. This dream does not fit either of those categories, so it must mean that I miss mowing, and catching snakes. :bigrofl:

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, Moosetales and 3 others have said thanks

#2 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:08 PM

dont feel bad Ryan the deck is on the GT275 waiting for some grass. All i do is chase snakes with my rider's or pushmower's leaves a cool design in the yard.

#3 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:13 PM

HA! I'm thinking I could go for some grass right about now. If you're like me.....maybe your dream was caused by dropping the snow thrower too low and picking up some grass with the snow your were throwing and now your brain wants to mow lawns. Yes, come Spring I will have my work cut out for me.......TURF DOCTOR here I come. :thumbs:

#4 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:18 PM

dont feel bad Ryan the deck is on the GT275 waiting for some grass. All i do is chase snakes with my rider's or pushmower's leaves a cool design in the yard.

That is NOT what I meant! Reptiles are another passion of mine. Sometimes I do hit a snake, turtle, and most commonly frogs... but I always try to avoid them.
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#5 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:36 PM

where i grew up there were not just garden snakes and mom is scared to death of them ,worse then me so growing up any snake was a dead snake. where i live we only have pesky mice and squirrels

• dodge trucker said thank you

#6 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:39 PM

Ryan, that dream is due to come true around the end of April or early May.  lol

#7 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:54 PM

I'm ready to get some grass to test the machines I've got parked.  What better way to test horsepower than bush hogging? 

Speaking of snakes, I met a copperhead with a zero turn two summers ago. 

I was trying to pin the snake's head under a tire so I could kill it properly, and so I didn't have to scrape its parts out of the yard.  I had the blades off.  Well, this snake wanted to dive into a woodpile, and we were doing all kinds of crazy laps trying to stop each other from accomplishing our respective goals.  I didn't know a copperhead could zip that fast.  

I got fed up with the fun when the snake decided to pay me a social call by jumping over the discharge side of the deck and stuck his head up to see which leg looked soft enough to bite on the way over.  Ahem, buddy.  A little close.  So I kicked him off with my boot and did the desperate: I  knocked on the blades.  Did a quick spin and then...Bam!  Snake parts broadcasted freestyle!  And the next half hour raking up the corpse so the dog didn't enjoy supper early.

Fascinating enough, the impact of the blades contacting a snake ripped the deck hanger weld off the tractor.  Junk, junk, junk. Next time it's snake versus my Gravely 5260.  

Come to think of it, its worth finding a snake to test it.

Ben Wagner

• A.C.T. said thank you

#8 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 09:04 PM

...Come to think of it, its worth finding a snake to test it...

Do it and I will feed that gravely to my Power Kings!

#9 Bob 537 OFFLINE  

Bob 537
  • Member No: 10133
  • 68 Thanks
  • 127 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 09:12 PM

I'm ready to get some grass to test the machines I've got parked.  What better way to test horsepower than bush hogging? 

Speaking of snakes, I met a copperhead with a zero turn two summers ago. 

I was trying to pin the snake's head under a tire so I could kill it properly, and so I didn't have to scrape its parts out of the yard.  I had the blades off.  Well, this snake wanted to dive into a woodpile, and we were doing all kinds of crazy laps trying to stop each other from accomplishing our respective goals.  I didn't know a copperhead could zip that fast.  

I got fed up with the fun when the snake decided to pay me a social call by jumping over the discharge side of the deck and stuck his head up to see which leg looked soft enough to bite on the way over.  Ahem, buddy.  A little close.  So I kicked him off with my boot and did the desperate: I  knocked on the blades.  Did a quick spin and then...Bam!  Snake parts broadcasted freestyle!  And the next half hour raking up the corpse so the dog didn't enjoy supper early.

Fascinating enough, the impact of the blades contacting a snake ripped the deck hanger weld off the tractor.  Junk, junk, junk. Next time it's snake versus my Gravely 5260.  

Come to think of it, its worth finding a snake to test it.

Ben Wagner

ha ha ha  back when i was a kid a group of us neighborhood kids called the snake busters would do the same but using big rocks and our bikes    so far all i got with my mower is frogs and dog poo

#10 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 09:15 PM

where i grew up there were not just garden snakes and mom is scared to death of them ,worse then me so growing up any snake was a dead snake. where i live we only have pesky mice and squirrels

Here, I have lots and lots of water snakes. There are also a lot of garter snakes too; although, I leave them ones alone... their smell is way worse then any other! My favorite are the the milk snakes, but I have only caught a few of them before.

I did have a thread with all kinds of pictures, but I organized my photobucket and all of the links broke. Here are just a few.

Water snakes

2012-04-29_12-21-20_45.jpg

2012-06-20_13-11-34_538.jpg

Milk snakes

2012-07-19_14-28-18_762.jpg

2012-06-16_17-00-10_188.jpg

This is the same snake as the one above; can you find it?

2012-06-16_17-02-56_559.jpg

And just a few garter snakes.

2012-05-05_12-09-00_937.jpg

• Moosetales and oldedeeres have said thanks

#11 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 09:40 PM

Moosetales: what kind of grass were the referring to, remember they both are the same color.

Dick

• Moosetales and backwoods have said thanks

#12 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 09:49 PM

Moosetales: what kind of grass were the referring to, remember they both are the same color.

Dick

HA! Very funny. GTs are my drug of choice.

#13 bowtiebutler956 OFFLINE  

bowtiebutler956
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10021
  • 659 Thanks
  • 796 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 09:53 PM

You can come to my house to mow, and catch snakes Ryan. We never even got a freeze this year, so the grass never quit growing! :thumbs:

Matt

#14 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 12:37 AM

Thats OK Ryan. Some things just are not real (or are they?)

imagesCA3MLLPO.jpg

imagesCA6CW60Q.jpg

3611589553_d411aa310f.jpg

imagesCAB172QW.jpg

• Nato77 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#15 Nato77 ONLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,646 Thanks
  • 1,333 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 01:12 AM

Thats a cool pic of that Satalite/Van :thumbs:

I think everyone is dreaming of cuttin a little grass right now, tilling the garden, grading the driveway, I guess anything for a little more seat time than a guy has been getting lately.