daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted September 21, 2010 - 07:50 PM

I was at camp for a 4 day weekend. I helped a neighbor with a difficult project he had in his yard. When we were finished, I said I had to go mow our lawn. He said, take the tractor, it will be faster for you.

He has a new last year John Deere X500. Well, after he showed me the ropes on it, I took it over to our place. Boy, was it a sweet deal. I have had no time in a newer JD garden tractor. They are VERY user friendly. It was soooooooooo easy to use. He had the mulcher option and it worked effortlessly. I must say I like the separate forward and reverse hydro pedals.

It took me around ten minutes to mow the greater part of the lawn. What a dream machine. It made me want to look into the X700 series.

Total seat time, 10 minutes. Lasting impression of the new Deeres, priceless.

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 22, 2010 - 07:44 PM

I was at camp for a 4 day weekend. I helped a neighbor with a difficult project he had in his yard. When we were finished, I said I had to go mow our lawn. He said, take the tractor, it will be faster for you.

He has a new last year John Deere X500. Well, after he showed me the ropes on it, I took it over to our place. Boy, was it a sweet deal. I have had no time in a newer JD garden tractor. They are VERY user friendly. It was soooooooooo easy to use. He had the mulcher option and it worked effortlessly. I must say I like the separate forward and reverse hydro pedals.

It took me around ten minutes to mow the greater part of the lawn. What a dream machine. It made me want to look into the X700 series.

Total seat time, 10 minutes. Lasting impression of the new Deeres, priceless.

Glad to hear you enjoyed some seat time on a newer tractor. I really like the separate forward and reverse hydro pedals too. It is amazing the creature comforts they squeeze into the new tractors now a days.

#3 jdfan OFFLINE  

jdfan

• Member No: 1365
  • 1 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted October 13, 2010 - 09:35 PM

Thats good to know. I haven't had the opportunity to try a newer JD. I would love to though!