3 replies to this topic

#1 toro520hfan OFFLINE  

toro520hfan
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 20698
  • 0 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 09:34 PM

I have a clevis hitch for my 520 and it works great and just got a brinly box scraper to go with it. And I was wondering what other types of hitchs wheel horse or toro had for it and if they made a 3pt hitch for it or if there was a 3pt hitch for another model but is compatible with it. Thanks!!!

#2 jusjeepn OFFLINE  

jusjeepn

• Member No: 2392
  • 84 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 09:43 PM

Slot hitch is the only other factory one.  Guys have custom built 3 pt hitches but that requires extensive modifications.

• toro520hfan said thank you

#3 toro520hfan OFFLINE  

toro520hfan
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 20698
  • 0 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 10:22 PM

Is there a 3pt hitch for another model that would fit the 520.

#4 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 558 Thanks
  • 542 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 06:53 PM

Not one thats a true catagory 0 hitch.  I have seen the Sears 3pt hitch adapted, but its a manual lift with its own lever.  The implments for a cat 0 hitch are nolonger produced and are quite expensive when compared to the sleeve hitch stuff(clevis hitch).  There is a load of stuff out there for the clevis style hitch.  Go over to the weekendfreedommachines.org website and go under allied equipment and look at all the stuff produced for that style hitch.  It was called a sleeve hitch by most or integral hitch by John Deere.  All the same implements though.  Most of your OEM's made stuff for them, plus all the smaller companies made stuff.  Only Brinly Hardy is left today still making brand new stuff.  I plan to run a WH slot hitch on my 518 with a clevis adapted eventualy.  Cheers  Mike