#1 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 21, 2010 - 06:03 PM

I lost my cousin today,he had a heart attack but not a real bad one.He called for an ambulance himself,and was even joking with the paramedics.Then on the trip to the hospital he had a stroke and it was discovered that he had a blood clot in his brain.So they operated to remove the clot,but his brain wouldn't stop bleeding.At 11 AM this morning they turned off life support and at 5 PM he stopped breathing.
Now Keith was kind of special,35 years ago I had his back broken in a forklift accident.That left him paralyzed from about mid chest down,but it didn't keep him down.He collected a few cars and worked on them,even crawling up on the engines to work on them.A had two four wheelers which drove and he maintained.He also had three tractors to which he had hand controls fitted so that he could operate them.
I don't think that he ever complained ,that's just how Keith was.I can't imaging if that were me,being able to do all of the things he did.I was just talking to him two days ago and he was fine.Kind of makes you think.

Edited by mjodrey, September 22, 2010 - 04:25 AM.

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted September 21, 2010 - 07:06 PM

Sorry to hear this Maynard. No, we never know when our number is gonna be called, so we need to enjoy life while we can. I know I'm guilty of complaining at times, but I am covered with blessings. Keith will be with you forever Maynard!
I just heard this afternoon that an older friend's wife passed on today. I didn't know her, but "Lightning" worked at our Southern States Coop since I was born till he retired a few years ago. But it was no shock, as she's been ill for some time.

#3 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted September 21, 2010 - 07:16 PM

It's tough to lose family like that.I had a cousin she was 42 in a wheelchair as well.She passed away in July this year just went in her sleep.Her husband woke up beside her to find her not breathing,they couldn't do anything for her.She had two kids,thankfully they were already on there own.She was always on the go and just finished taking a course to upgrade her accounting skills.She didn't let being in a wheelchair hold her back.She'd even be up on the dance floor dancing in her wheelchair.I often thought about it sure would be a tough place to be,in a chair.I have to say that some people just keep on going and doing what most of us take for granted,even with all there problems.Your right it does make one think.Sorry for your loss.Larry.

#4 AcreFarm OFFLINE  

AcreFarm

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 54
  • 109 Thanks
  • 359 posts

Posted September 21, 2010 - 07:26 PM

I'm sorry to hear Maynard, our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

#5 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted September 21, 2010 - 08:10 PM

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss Maynard. When someone you love passes, it touches you in ways that will not be fully understood for years, or maybe ever. He will always be with you in spirit and his memory will be a source of inspiration to all who knew and loved him. Hope that your grief is short. -Steve

#6 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted September 21, 2010 - 08:34 PM

Maynard, I am so sorry to hear of your lose. My your grief be short and our prayers as always are with you and your cousin.
Now that I think about it I need to quit complaining. I wish I was Half as strong as your cousin and I never had those restriction placed on Me.
May God Bless All.

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,233 Thanks
  • 28,597 posts

Posted September 21, 2010 - 08:34 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. He is still with you in the stories you share and the memories you keep.

#8 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,115 posts

Posted September 21, 2010 - 08:41 PM

Maynard,Sorry to here about you loss.Our prayers are with you and the family.

#9 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,671 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted September 21, 2010 - 08:50 PM

I'm sorry for your loss Maynard.
You and your family will be in my prayers.

#10 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted September 21, 2010 - 08:56 PM

Wow, i am very sorry for your loss. Even though he wont be there in the future, he is still with you in your memories, as are all the loved ones we have lost.

#11 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted September 21, 2010 - 09:02 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. Never good timing, but it does make you stop and think, doesn't it?

Enjoy the day to the fullest, and let people you love know how much they mean to you.....

#12 tractorchick OFFLINE  

tractorchick

Tractorholic

• Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 284
  • 359 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted September 22, 2010 - 05:43 PM

Such sad news. Its amazing that he had such a cheerful attitude even when the paramedics picked him up! It's a shock when you lose someone so suddenly, isn't it? the next few days won't be easy. will be lifting you and your family up in prayer that peace and comfort will envelope you.

#13 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 22, 2010 - 06:24 PM

Maynard, I am sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family will be in our prayers. I can't say anything better then what has already been said.

#14 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted September 22, 2010 - 06:38 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss
Doug

#15 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted September 24, 2010 - 05:35 AM

Sorry to hear that you lost your cousin Maynard. He will always be in your memories. Our prayers and thoughts will be with you and the family as you go through this time of loss.