#16 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 04:57 PM

I made it; I am very tired... but I made it. :D

Ryan, what were you using today to push/throw snow?

• boyscout862 said thank you

#17 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 05:04 PM

Ryan, what were you using today to push/throw snow?

I was using an '01 Suzuki 300 king quad. It works great for light snow, but much heavy snow and it gets tricky. Since it is so light, it slides all over the place. It is much faster (depending on type of snow) then one of the power kings, but has no where near the amount of pushing power.
  • KennyP, Moosetales and boyscout862 have said thanks

#18 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

• 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 05:09 PM

I was using an '01 Suzuki 300 king quad. It works great for light snow, but much heavy snow and it gets tricky. Since it is so light, it slides all over the place. It is much faster (depending on type of snow) then one of the power kings, but has no where near the amount of pushing power.

Don't you get Warning Points around here if you move snow with something other than a tractor? :bigrofl:  Don't look now but I just "unfriended" you so I'm not judged by the company I keep. :(

• HowardsMF155 and bgkid2966 have said thanks

#19 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 05:48 PM

Don't you get Warning Points around here if you move snow with something other than a tractor? :bigrofl:  Don't look now but I just "unfriended" you so I'm not judged by the company I keep. :(

Hmmm..... need to talk with all the mods about this.  That just might call for an infraction point!  :smilewink: 

• bgkid2966 said thank you

#20 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 06:38 PM

i shoveled last night to keep up while i was working on the cub then i plowed about 2inches off my drive way and about 8 inches of snow off the neighbors.

• KennyP said thank you

#21 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 07:34 PM

Left our house about noon after cleaning out our place to head north to the in-laws, friend had been by and plowed out most of the drive so just had to do clean up and finish cleaning out to the wood pile.  All is well on the west side of NH.

• KennyP and HowardsMF155 have said thanks

#22 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 07:51 PM

Amigatec......I wish you could have seen the look on my wife's face when I read her your post.  :bigrofl:   PRICELESS! She's a gardener and well, ummm, errrrr her garden is under a foot or more of snow.

Would she be upset if you told her I bought seed potatoes and onion sets today??

I'll have them in the ground in about 2 weeks.

#23 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 08:39 PM

Hey guys, I know it's real easy to get off track and I love reading what you guys are writing but I'm asking with the greatest respect that we keep this thread for the folks who went through this storm to check in and let us know they are ok.  I don't want to be a wet blanket here and I'm as guilty as anybody when it comes to this but I just feel its important that we take care of our own and make sure all is well.  Sorry if I pee'd in anyone's cereal.

• KennyP and Moosetales have said thanks

#24 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 06:15 AM

This storm just goes on and on. Woke up today to about the same amount of snow in the front yard as yesterday before I plowed. The blower cut line at the edge of the yard is covered in. It's still snowing and blowing pretty good. I've got to get out there and clear it, go to the church and help shovel and then service is at 10:00. I'm duty custodian today as well as doing sound at the service. I've got to get moving. Hope the roads aren't too bad. The Forester will come in handy today. 

• David Brown said thank you

#25 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 12:52 PM

I agree with Jeff; with something this important I think we should try our best to stay on topic. I too enjoy everything you guys are up to, but I would enjoy it even more if it was in an appropriate thread. Thank you!
  • David Brown said thank you

#26 ggsteve OFFLINE  

ggsteve

• Member No: 4164
  • 142 Thanks
  • 253 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 01:45 PM

Here in North Central MA we faired ok.  About 18-20" of dry snow.  A real workout to clear but nothing compared to what others are dealing with, and the dry snow doesn't take down many tree limbs.

• KennyP said thank you

#27 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 02:49 PM

Well, it just stopped snowing here. I plowed the driveway again and we probably had about another 6-8 " on top of what we got yesterday with a lot of drifting. Roads here are still bad until you reach a major highway. Probably be tomorrow before they plow them. Our private road is done though. Got some big snow piles. 

DSCF8442.jpg  DSCF8444.jpg

DSCF8446.jpg  DSCF8447.jpg

Took a drive to see what roads were like. Not great! Everywhere I went you could see and hear ATV's and walk behind blowers at work. I didn't see a single GT at work :boo_hoo:  

DSCF8450.jpg  DSCF8453.jpg

• MH81, KennyP, Moosetales and 1 other said thanks

#28 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

• 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 06:56 PM

Well, it just stopped snowing here. I plowed the driveway again and we probably had about another 6-8 " on top of what we got yesterday with a lot of drifting. Roads here are still bad until you reach a major highway. Probably be tomorrow before they plow them. Our private road is done though. Got some big snow piles. 

attachicon.gifDSCF8442.jpg  attachicon.gifDSCF8444.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCF8446.jpg  attachicon.gifDSCF8447.jpg

Took a drive to see what roads were like. Not great! Everywhere I went you could see and hear ATV's and walk behind blowers at work. I didn't see a single GT at work :boo_hoo:  

attachicon.gifDSCF8450.jpg  attachicon.gifDSCF8453.jpg

Aww man, that should be a crime. Glad you are safe and sound. Sounds like the storm tracked consistently up the coast. What you described this morning was exactly what we had here in Maine yesterday. Thanks for the pics.

• JDBrian said thank you

#29 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 07:44 PM

I didn't see a single GT at work

Maybe the GT owners, like you, had all finished their blowing chores, leaving only the ATVs and walk-behind snow blowers still trying to finish the job??

• JDBrian and Moosetales have said thanks

#30 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,319 Thanks
  • 4,666 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 07:56 PM

I saw a JD 425 with a blower making short work of the snow while I snowmobiled yesterday! :wave:

• JDBrian said thank you