• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#17 wilberj ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,125 Thanks
  • 5,157 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 07:33 PM

The first one one appears to be a 1476 or 1477, [ used 14 hp wisconsin single lung] the second as everyone else said is a 1250, and weren't a very good tractor, the 12hp just wasn't enough for a large frame.

Theres no way the first one is a 1476/7 it has the cast pedals and the older steering wheel

#18 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,168 Thanks
  • 2,247 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 02:24 AM

I bet the valves are stuck in the 1250 with the Briggs.Those old cast iron briggs engines don't like to sit around very long without being run.Especially without a muffler on it to help keep the moisture out.

#19 yardiron OFFLINE  

• Member No: 2796
  • 23 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 05:50 AM

$250 each would be a steal around here. I tried to buy one at an auction last spring in that shape and the thing went for over $600, and it was missing a ton of parts. Another one went for over $300 with no motor. Any older decent quality GT brings that kind of money here, with Bolens, WH, and old Sears machines leading them all in price. At the same auction I watched a very clean Sears 10XL go over $2400 with a small cart, deck, and snow plow, and it had no battery so they couldn't start or test it out.

It had a reserve on it and didn't sell.

I just sold an S12D motor minus its carb, starter, and exhaust on CL for $400, it had compression and came from a machine that looked about like that. I got $40 each for the rear rims, $40 for the starter, $75 for the carb, $50 for the fuel tank, $125 for the fender pan,.... You get the picture.

Like any machine, its worth more as parts, and I see a lot of good parts there. Chances are there's two good Eaton hydrostat pumps, all the PTO parts, the hydraulic lift rams, etc. all bring good money.

If your looking at putting one back together to run, chances are you will have enough there to do so. I generally decide whether its a parts machine or fixer upper if the transaxle and frame are good. If that's all OK then the rest is no big deal.

I prefer the older large frame models over the newer ones myself, I like the simplicity of the big cast iron single cylinder engine and 15" rear wheels.

• Texas Deere and Horse and boyscout862 have said thanks

#20 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,278 Thanks
  • 1,702 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 10:58 AM

Have to agree,no brainer, I would jump on it,2 tractors to get one running,oh ya,hook up the trailer and go get them