#31 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,780 Thanks
  • 2,592 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 12:28 AM

Here's a pic of the 'wimpy' lift rods used for the mower. They are 3/8" rod. They attach onto 1/2" studs on the center lift arms.

attachicon.gifImage035.jpg

I plan to make some from 1/4" X 1" strap and use 1/2" pins at the blade if I decide to use the center lift for the blade.

Those lift rods aren't to bad if you weld the loop shut.The ones on my neighbors FF24 were pulling apart so we beat them back together and welded them.

• KennyP said thank you

#32 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 32,212 Thanks
  • 42,021 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 06:26 AM

Do you need any pics of an original plow mounted to an FF24?I can go down to the neighbors and snap a few pics of it.

That would be nice. Main thing would be measurements of the lift mechanism that hooks on the front as that is what i hope to clone for my blade.

Those lift rods aren't to bad if you weld the loop shut.The ones on my neighbors FF24 were pulling apart so we beat them back together and welded them.

That's a good idea, may do to these for the mower. But i hope to make a belly blade and I'd like to use something a bit heavier for lifting it.

#33 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,780 Thanks
  • 2,592 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 07:37 AM

I doubt my neighbor will let me take his plow off to get good measurements but I'll see what I can do.

#34 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 32,212 Thanks
  • 42,021 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 08:01 AM

I can understand that. Main thing is where the pivot points are located on the lift. Mine won't be exact, just close enough to work correctly. Knowing where they put the pivot points will help it all come together. Even pics and a few dimensions can get me started. It's not a big rush, as I should have the other blade here before too long.