BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,737 Thanks
  • 1,733 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 08:43 AM

Thanks for all of the replies.

I have been wanting a little tractor like this for a longtime, i wasn't even planing on buying one until this one came up on Craigslist for $1750, i hurried and called. Turns out i was the first caller and he said he had a lot of calls on it after me (i wonder why lol) I ended up paying $2200 because of the mower and blade where sold separate, but i still thought that was a good deal because these little tractors are always around $3000 without any attachments or loader. We live out in the country on 3 acres, so the mower will be handy, we also mow our neighbors (and good friend) and she has 3 acres and a lot of it is open. So i cant wait to test everything out.

I have a single bottom plow, i am planing on converting it over to 3-point and then start plowing the garden.

I will half to replace the rear AG tires some time this year, they have great tread, but the sidewalls have really bad cracks.

The only thing i found that isn't working, is the right turn signal and the decompression cable is stuck. Both should be a easy fix so i am not worried about it :smilewink:

• KennyP said thank you

#17 larryd OFFLINE  

larryd
  • Member No: 15865
  • 724 Thanks
  • 1,058 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 10:41 AM

Compact or GT it's still a great looking setup so I would say its welcome .

larryd

#18 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 10:44 AM

At just $2200, you would be insane NOT to buy that!  I gave $2325 for my Massey 1010 and it just came with a belly mowing deck.  If it had what yours came with, I'd have peed my pants!!!!!!   :D 

#19 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,737 Thanks
  • 1,733 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 09:36 AM

That's why i bought it, for $2200 how could i go wrong! I know a guy who bought a  Kubota B7100 4x4 for $2800 came with a belly mower but the engine was leaking water into the oil. He was lucky and was able to fix it with a sealant, but someday he might half to replace the head gasket?. Luckily the one i have is running great!

Thanks for all of the replies.

Thanks

#20 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

enjoyin the livin part of life!

• Member No: 10704
  • 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 09:55 AM

Whatever category it fits into, you sure got a lot of tractor & goodies for the money.

#21 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 535
  • 477 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 09:56 AM

Mine own personal opinion is that these real late 70's,80' compact tractors.You will start to see guys taking these to shows.Guys will buy to push snow,rototill there gardens and other odd jobs around the house and shops.The early compacts where very simple designs and light and small in design.Most will fit in the back of a truck or on a small trailer and easy to store because of there size.You already see guys taking the small bolens compacts to shows.Next will be the early ford, kubotas,john deeres and other makes.The current price on them is not all that bad based between 2500 to 3500.They are priced right around the same as some of the super gt's.On the small compacts you get a standard 3pt and a pto.These are the option that have to be added to the super gt's.This is why I see them being added as the next phase of the tractor hobby and collecting. Later Josh :thumbs:

#22 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 10:48 AM

Mine own personal opinion is that these real late 70's,80' compact tractors.You will start to see guys taking these to shows.Guys will buy to push snow,rototill there gardens and other odd jobs around the house and shops.The early compacts where very simple designs and light and small in design.Most will fit in the back of a truck or on a small trailer and easy to store because of there size.You already see guys taking the small bolens compacts to shows.Next will be the early ford, kubotas,john deeres and other makes.The current price on them is not all that bad based between 2500 to 3500.They are priced right around the same as some of the super gt's.On the small compacts you get a standard 3pt and a pto.These are the option that have to be added to the super gt's.This is why I see them being added as the next phase of the tractor hobby and collecting. Later Josh :thumbs:

I agree Josh! I spent 2 yrs mowing my 8.9 acres with the JD 318 and while it did ok, the rough ground was beating it and I to death.

The 318 is not going anywhere, but I would prefer to keep it in the yard and extend it's life.

The Ford 1500 with 24" rears and 12" fronts roll over the bumps that would trip up the GT. Along with a slightly longer wheelbase at 60",Me and the tractor are a lot happier and not nearly as beat up at the end of the day. The 2 cly Diesel burns about 1/2 gal of fuel average, so it does not burn as much fuel as the GT.

Pulls a Rear blade to maintain the 1/4 mile lane. And like you said, I bought it with a mower, Rear Blade and 3 point dirt bucket for less than I would have paid for a Super GT. I did go out and buy a 48" tiller for it and put the BIG Garden to bed for the winter. I'm not a collector but this fits me and the work I need to do perfectly.

• josh deaven said thank you