• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 sep OFFLINE  

sep
  • Member No: 25080
  • 60 Thanks
  • 65 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 10:27 PM

Very Nice and Thanks for the pics! Welcome to the site. If you have any videos, please let us know where we can see them. I'd like to see that rear engine powered blower in action.

Steve

#17 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 11:02 PM

Very cool adaptations. :welcome: to GTTalk, thanks for the intro and the pics.

#18 john v OFFLINE  

john v
  • Member No: 28764
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 05:08 PM

I have just got a powerking so# 42532 with a kohler 14HP that is all that i know about it at this time. But my question is on the finaldrives one of them is full up to the fill hole, and the outher is a lot further down. the manual says 1 1/2 Pt. So far i have put 1 Qt. in the low side and still not able too see it. So do i drain both and just put in 1 1/2 Pt. or can i fill them both up to the fill holes. Thanks John V.

#19 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 23, 2013 - 03:40 PM

I have just got a powerking so# 42532 with a kohler 14HP that is all that i know about it at this time. But my question is on the finaldrives one of them is full up to the fill hole, and the outher is a lot further down. the manual says 1 1/2 Pt. So far i have put 1 Qt. in the low side and still not able too see it. So do i drain both and just put in 1 1/2 Pt. or can i fill them both up to the fill holes.Thanks John V.

Welcome to the site John! You do not want to overfill the final drives, over filling them will cause it to leak out over time. I would just drain it all out, and put what the manual calls for in it. Make sure to post pictures if you can!

#20 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,663 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 04:19 PM

Drives sometimes get water in them over years and good idea to drain out and refill.  Some of the cases were diff over years and may not have same fill and drain holes. Some early ones even had special plugs near top with mesh in them to act as a breather. If you have those make sure to get back on top or oil will run out if used at bottom. Level plug is about 1/3rd way up the case inside. If you fill too much seems oil weeps out past axle seals easlily and gets messy over time.  Might wanna check rear-end to. That is rubber plug on back and easy to pull out. BUT, to drain that requires removal of whole back cover and then you need to make or buy a new gasket to re-seal.