145 replies to this topic

#106 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,247 posts

Posted March 23, 2013 - 04:17 PM

Tires back on, I love the 18x8.5x8 tires on it. Looks much meaner!

I have the 321A Engine in it, so I'm pulling the specs now for the carb and going to adjust it. The needle didn't feel like rubber, so I'd assume it's brass.

The carb is the the Kohler model.

#107 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,247 posts

Posted March 23, 2013 - 05:47 PM

Read the specs, played with the carb and set to the specs and she fired right up. The most she ran was for a minute, then stalled out. After a few more tries, each time she did fire up and run then die, the carb flooded, so with it being so cold, I called it a night. 

Progress, but it's too darn cold right now. I'm going to button up the key switch, and solenoid, then go back to the carb.

#108 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,247 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 11:06 AM

Is it sad that I'm dreaming about this already? I dreamed last night that the 3 pt went up and down with ease. And the engine ran great with little effort from my part. 

I can NOT wait for it to warm up!

• Moosetales said thank you

#109 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 566 Thanks
  • 630 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 06:27 PM

You say it's flooding out it could be your float tang the needle hooked to bent out of adjustment .Off hand I don't recall the measurement for the float. Pc crashed last year taking out all my 321a files for my 224.Although NLA parts are readily available   

#110 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,247 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 08:55 PM

It didn't flood out right away like before, this was after some time of me on full choke turning it over and over. Next couple days when it warms up, I'm going to check it out again.

#111 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:53 PM

I'm still here....just watching and hoping to learn what I can about carbs. I'm rooting for you and hope you find a solution soon.

• Titus said thank you

#112 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,247 posts

Posted March 26, 2013 - 06:51 AM

Download that manual Matthew, you should have the 321A engine in there. On your carb, what adjustments do you have it set all? Read about them in the manual. Idle speed screw, main fuel needle, and idle fuel needle. Figure 6.6 shows them.

#113 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

• 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 26, 2013 - 07:38 AM

I've got the manual up on my screen. I'll compare it to mine at home tonight.

Edited by Moosetales, March 26, 2013 - 07:39 AM.

#114 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 566 Thanks
  • 630 posts

Posted March 26, 2013 - 05:38 PM

A couple of things to check. Fuel pump volume. your throttle plate rod if to much wear will effect carb allot .  

#115 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

• 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 01:29 PM

Download that manual Matthew, you should have the 321A engine in there. On your carb, what adjustments do you have it set all? Read about them in the manual. Idle speed screw, main fuel needle, and idle fuel needle. Figure 6.6 shows them.

I got "Simplicity" sidetracked last night. I hope to get a few minutes in the garage tonight....that is if life doesn't have other plans for me.

#116 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

• 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 11:49 PM

Best I can tell everything matches with manual ob carb. Any progress? Still doing the same thing?

#117 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,247 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 02:42 PM

You may have heard a loud BANG today followed by a WEEEEEEEEEEE, that would have been me, riding it around today!

I kept playing with the carb, turned the fuel adjustment out only half a turn, and she fired right up, adjusted accordingly. It still needs to be fine tuned, but it's easter, want to spend SOME time with the inlaws ;)

A few things to ask about it. I'm used to manual drives, pressing a clutch, and putting it in N. I have a bumpy backyard and while I was going down a hill, the direction selector went from F to N and she started to grind down the hill. 

Before parking her back in the garage, I checked both F & R and everything seemed to fine. Scared me a little and I pray nothing bad happened. 

Overall, I am looking forward to this running correctly! I can deff see myself using this more and more during the seasons. 

Also, all the hydraulics work, goes up and down with ease. I think this was a great day!

• Toolpartzman and Moosetales have said thanks

#118 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,247 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 02:44 PM

I like the look of a smoke stack and may want to put one of this since it needs a muffler. Dunno yet, but the only neighbor I have may get a little bothered if I continue to ride this around without one.

• Moosetales said thank you

#119 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

• 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 02:49 PM

FANTASTIC! That's a great feeling. My drive has slipped to neutral before and my wheels stopped dead in their tracks...skidded to a stop. No grinding though.

#120 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,247 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 02:54 PM

I'm wondering if because I was on a hill though and the momentum was there?