#1 robert_p43 OFFLINE  

robert_p43
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11040
  • 572 Thanks
  • 534 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 11:13 AM

2 stories:

Before moving here, we would come here to camp in the mountains and relax on our vacations, dreaming of one day living here.  Once, the whole family needed a rest room so went into a supermarket, to pee and then get some groceries.  We asked an employee where the rest rooms were located.  Using her left hand to point left, she replied, "Just go down there and take a right, then another right."  We hurried and at the end of the isle, there was no right to take, so we went left.  At the end of that isle, had we gone left again, we would have gone to the check out so we tried the right and sure enough, found the much needed rest rooms.  Anyone else see what's wrong here?  LOL

Now, I filed my daughters taxes for her and her hubby this year.  They are getting a state refund so I looked up the number to check the status of their refund.  First, the recording goes on about 1099G's and 1099 INT's being printed incorrectly but go ahead and file anyway.  Then they ask for the SS number followed by the pound sign.  I do this and the voice now says to enter the amount of the refund in full dollar amounts followed by the pound sign, now explaining where to locate the pound sign on the telephone keypad.  By now, you would thing that they know, that I know, where it is located, since I had to press it on the previous step. :wallbanging:  :bigrofl:

• MH81, HDWildBill, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#2 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 11:21 AM

The world is full of this stuff.  Makes ya wonder how we accomplish what we do.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 11:50 AM

There was a Comedian who did stand up back in the 80's. His Whole monologue was base on " Somewhere Some Fool Said.......".

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,879 Thanks
  • 3,202 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 06:14 PM

I guess you need a special kind of mind to work for the government. They do things pretty much the same way up here too--- overstate the obvious and hide the "need to know"