Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

The Dilemma, Leave The Tractor/blower Inside The Temporary Garage, Or Pull It Outside?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 ggsteve OFFLINE  

ggsteve

• Member No: 4164
  • 142 Thanks
  • 253 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 08:21 AM

The storm wasn't a dud, but it's no apocalypse either.  I'd guess we are right about the 18-24" they predicted but it's had to tell with the drifting.  It is one of those days when you forget how many steps there are down off the deck.  Fortunately we have dry, dusty snow and no power outages.  It's a lot worse Southeast and Northeast of here.  I believe our governor was right in ordering the roads clear.  Many people could/would have died in accidents or strandings had he not made such an order.  Plus the road crews have unfettered access to clear snow.  They must like that!

Here's a picture of the tent from my bedroom window.  The "eves" are about 6' off the ground.

0209030827_zps2e1167ad.jpg

Edited by ggsteve, February 09, 2013 - 08:33 AM.

• KennyP, boyscout862 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#32 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 08:30 AM

Yep you did the right thing.  Tractors always start better when inside anyway.  Glad to hear your tent survived.  Now about that wife saying you are crazy thing, has she fessed up to being wrong yet or do you have to tell her she was right?

• boyscout862 said thank you

#33 ggsteve OFFLINE  

ggsteve

• 142 Thanks
  • 253 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 08:45 AM

Now about that wife saying you are crazy thing, has she fessed up to being wrong yet or do you have to tell her she was right?

are you kidding?  She's still sleeping!  

Just remember this:  If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Edited by ggsteve, February 09, 2013 - 08:47 AM.

• olcowhand, KennyP, Michiganmobileman and 1 other said thanks

#34 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 08:51 AM

Our power was off this AM for a couple of hours but is back on now. We don't have as much snow as you do further south but it's supposed to go all day here and even have periods of snow over night tonight. My BIL/SIL are coming for a visit and are on route from London to Halifax. I figured the flight would be delayed but has taken off on schedule. We'll see if they are diverted away from Halifax. It's not snowing that hard here but the wind is blowing it around and drifting it up really bad. I'll probably go out and clear snow early this afternoon. I sure am glad that the power came back on. With company coming it wouldn't have been good with no power. 

• KennyP, HowardsMF155 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#35 oldtimer OFFLINE  

oldtimer
  • Member No: 10588
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 09:10 AM

Thankfully we didn't lose power here yet..   I haven't gone out to measure , but I'm sure there's more than 2 ' out there.  Still snowing, so I won't even attempt to get to the shed to get the Husqvarna  out and hope that the snowblower will work.   My wife still thinks that the little electric snowblower will be able to make a path to the shed. Hope she's right.   Sure is nice scenery !!

• HowardsMF155 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#36 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 10:48 AM

are you kidding?  She's still sleeping!  

Just remember this:  If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Unfortunately, 49.76% of the world's population say yes, we're still wrong in ANY situation!   :bigrofl: 

• HowardsMF155 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#37 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,847 Thanks
  • 3,191 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 09:06 PM

ggsteve and olcowhand, O.D.#2 here---- you're only wrong when you're wrong, whether anyone hears you or not!  Now, how often is nobody there?  lol

• MH81 said thank you

#38 oldtimer OFFLINE  

oldtimer
  • Member No: 10588
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 05:16 PM

2 hours yesterday ( Saturday ) and 2 more today  and still not done.   I wouldv'e been, but the chain on my left rear wheel came loose and i needed to get help towing th Husqvarna out of the EOD.  I just put it in the shed and called it a day. Snow was as high as the chute in most of the length of the drivewayand hgher by the road.   Used more gas than Iwould usually use in three storms. 

• KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#39 ggsteve OFFLINE  

ggsteve

• 142 Thanks
  • 253 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 06:15 PM

That was one tough storm, tough on equipment too.  I had to replace my belts in the middle of clearing, then when I was done I noticed that one of my skid shoes was completely ruined.  It is also the first time that my drift cutters were put to use.

#40 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 07:46 PM

ggsteve and olcowhand, O.D.#2 here---- you're only wrong when you're wrong, whether anyone hears you or not!  Now, how often is nobody there?  lol

If you are for sure wrong, the wife is for sure right there to know it....every dang time!   :wallbanging:   .........  :smilewink:

• boyscout862 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#41 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,245 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 11:42 AM

Storm sucked! I lost my shed, and we're supposed to be getting another 4-8 inches Wed into Thu.

#42 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,532 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 02:09 PM

Storm sucked! I lost my shed, and we're supposed to be getting another 4-8 inches Wed into Thu.

Sorry to hear about the shed. I hope there wasn't anything in it at the time. I helped a guy last summer that had a 10' by 20' garage collapse. We were able to salvage and setup a 10' by 12' garage out of the undamaged parts. Good Luck

#43 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,245 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 03:53 PM

Oh there was stuff in there, but thankfully the way it caved in, nothing high was in the middle, so little was damaged. I am happy that I took the snow off what is left of the roof yesterday, as this rain would have brought the rest down. 

#44 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,409 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 07:25 AM

Sorry to hear that! I hope the further rain/snow doesn't cause more issues.

#45 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,408 Thanks
  • 3,158 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 07:09 PM

Will your insurance company cover it ?