• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:29 PM

It was insane around here today!! You would think the World was ending. Car accidents, mobs off people and lines everywhere! 

The news has everyone scared, as they keep saying it will be a " Historic event" and wide spread power outages that could last for days.

Last report I saw was 18"-24"+ and wind 35-60 mph w/possible gusts to 75. Oh and some spots may see 3'

We'll soon see! Now the waiting game begins :D

#17 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,289 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 11:51 PM

Been watching TWC, the reports sound ominous. Hoping they are over reporting and overestimating the snow and winds. Please be safe when dealing with whatever does come down, they are showing wind chills over 20 below right now.

#18 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 12:19 AM

The forecast has been accurate here so far. In all the storms I have seen since 78, this is the worst I have seen since then.

I can't even run the gen with how the wind and drifts are tonight. Thank God I have gas logs in the fireplace! It is 75F in here right now lol. but outside feels like single digits.

All night so far all I can here is the snapping of trees and limbs, should be interesting to see what it all looks like in the morning or when ever I get up, having a hard time trying to sleep with the cracks and booms :D

I will say though, that snow thunder and lightning was pretty awesome to here and see.(To bad it took the power out )

#19 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 12:37 AM

Just now I checked all the snow totals so far in Dutchess Co., NY and we're just about ½ what they predicted for the entire storm.  Radar looks like it will go until 4-6 AM so we just might make the 14"-18" prediction.  Plow just made a pass each way and as tomorrow is Saturday so they won't go again until it quits...  I'll punch in around 8 and do the neighbors first.

#20 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 03:59 AM

there is Minimum 1 ft on the ground ... and there is Tons of drifts Over the hood of the tractor (3-4ft high) .. just got home .. 4 am .. Bed

#21 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 07:57 PM

Worked 30+ hours in the last 3 days almost 20 Were on the seat of my tractor Man does that berco blower Work AWESOME Sure wish my tractor was 4x4 ... Hmn new project :) but that Briggs twin suck back the fuel if you load it up burnt 10+ Gallons of fuel then after the plows went by some drive ways were 3+ feet banks at the end tired as can be as the one night i worked to 4 in the morning here is some pictures one is taking from the seat looking at the bank in comparison to the fender pan and my 23-10.5-12 carlisle Ag tires over all 14-18 inches fell but it was windy so it was drifted Way up

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0141.JPG
  • IMG_0144.JPG
  • IMG_0146.JPG
  • IMG_0147.JPG
  • IMG_0148.JPG

• DH1 and MH81 have said thanks

#22 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:08 PM

Well I thought I was ready but 12" to 18" of snow was a little too much for ET2

I was able to push the snow back far enough to clear the driveway but not as far as I usually do.

Need bigger tractor/plow or working snow blower like yours.

001.JPG 006.JPG

007.JPG 008.JPG

• 8tyman8 said thank you

#23 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:22 PM

Well I thought I was ready but 12" to 18" of snow was a little too much for ET2

I was able to push the snow back far enough to clear the driveway but not as far as I usually do.

Need bigger tractor/plow or working snow blower like yours.

attachicon.gif001.JPGattachicon.gif006.JPG

attachicon.gif007.JPGattachicon.gif008.JPG

Is your truck Also Electric ? :) Thats a Custom tractor right ? honestly i don't think my tractor would do well with a Blade ether but then again i am not running chains ...

#24 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:41 PM

Is your truck Also Electric ? :) Thats a Custom tractor right ? honestly i don't think my tractor would do well with a Blade ether but then again i am not running chains ...

The truck is normal, gas powered. tractor is custom made from a Massey MF10.

When it comes to plowing heavy or deep snow size matters, If I had a 2000lbs+ tractor with a snow plow on it things would of being different for me.

#25 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,289 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 08:45 PM

Doug, I think the ET2 did a nice job, 18" of heavy stuff is a LOT to push. Heck, it's a lot for a truck to shove around.

88 ,the Berco is doing a great job. Can't believe how much snow it was moving.

I would low to find a 2 stage blower for the GT6000, but it's the wrong time of year to be looking.
  • DH1 said thank you

#26 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 09:26 PM

Doug, I think the ET2 did a nice job, 18" of heavy stuff is a LOT to push. Heck, it's a lot for a truck to shove around.

88 ,the Berco is doing a great job. Can't believe how much snow it was moving.

I would low to find a 2 stage blower for the GT6000, but it's the wrong time of year to be looking.

Actully thats what i think it was off .. how ever it was The Box'y style craftsman .. and the blower says Sears all over it how ever its Defiantly a berco blower

• MH81 said thank you