25 replies to this topic

#1 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 04:59 PM

according to the weather network there is going to be a Big winter storm to Roll thru Ontario and other provinces  they are calling for 20-30 Cm but 40 is not out of the Question (8-16 inches for Yall American folk :P) My H14 is filled with fuel all the fluids are Up to par and i installed New Good year belts and a Nos Belt guard (i ripped the old one off after driving Off road)I also put the 40" 2 stage berco blower Back on as a blade is hard to use with more than 6" of snow  Also Post a picture of your Snow Removal rig And Have fun .. I have been dreading the thought of the white stuff but i want it Bad as i need to start making money instead of Spending it

Cheers

Ty

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0136.JPG
  • IMG_0137.JPG
  • IMG_0138.JPG
  • IMG_0139.JPG
  • IMG_0122.JPG
  • IMG_0123.JPG

Edited by 8tyman8, February 07, 2013 - 05:00 PM.

• boyscout862 and Newpaws493 have said thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 05:19 PM

I'm off work tomorrow so I will make some final preparations in the morning. We are on a private dirt road 4km from the highway so if our power goes out it could be off for a while. I'll fill all my diesel cans and top off the car tomorrow, pick up some groceries, fill the woodbox, check the tractor and snow blower over and hunker down for whatever comes. We are forecasted to get 30- 40cm starting about midnight tomorrow with 90km/h winds. It's a Nor'easter which is a type of storm we get down here that is unpredictable and not to be taken lightly. I think it's related to what is hitting Ontario but combined with something coming up the east coast. Heres my plow rigs. 

DSCF8340.jpg  DSCF8344.jpg

DSCF8345.jpg

#3 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 05:20 PM

That storm won't stand a chance, with you out there!!!!! :thumbs:

#4 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 05:24 PM

I'm off work tomorrow so I will make some final preparations in the morning. We are on a private dirt road 4km from the highway so if our power goes out it could be off for a while. I'll fill all my diesel cans and top off the car tomorrow, pick up some groceries, fill the woodbox, check the tractor and snow blower over and hunker down for whatever comes. We are forecasted to get 30- 40cm starting about midnight tomorrow with 90km/h winds. It's a Nor'easter which is a type of storm we get down here that is unpredictable and not to be taken lightly. I think it's related to what is hitting Ontario but combined with something coming up the east coast. Heres my plow rigs.

attachicon.gifDSCF8340.jpg attachicon.gifDSCF8344.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCF8345.jpg

Those are some scary looking chains ! Also you remind me See that red cover in the back round ... thats a Onan powered welder Generator i should start i up just in case the power does go out

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 05:48 PM

Quote:

Those are some scary looking chains ! Also you remind me See that red cover in the back round ... thats a Onan powered welder Generator i should start i up just in case  the power does go out

Those are really too big for the tractor IMO but in that tire size (12x16) that's all I could get. 3/8" cross chains and they weigh about 65lbs each.  It's pretty hard to stop it with those installed. Huge difference with those industrial tires which are useless on ice!

Yes, you should get that generator out and crank it up so it's ready if you need it. You never know what these storms will do. It's no fun being without power. I have a 7kw PTO generator that I power with that 2320. It uses about 2.5litres/hr when running it. I run it for a couple of hours at a time intermittently when the power is down. That keeps the freezer and fridge cold and the water pressure up. Before I got it we went 5 days with no power/running water after a couple of big storms. Not fun at all!

Odd you should mention an Onan generator.  I just bought an ONAN RV generator to fix up and resell. It's an Emerald 4kw with an 18hp Onan on it.  

#6 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 06:08 PM

Quote:

Those are some scary looking chains ! Also you remind me See that red cover in the back round ... thats a Onan powered welder Generator i should start i up just in case  the power does go out

Those are really too big for the tractor IMO but in that tire size (12x16) that's all I could get. 3/8" cross chains and they weigh about 65lbs each.  It's pretty hard to stop it with those installed. Huge difference with those industrial tires which are useless on ice!

Yes, you should get that generator out and crank it up so it's ready if you need it. You never know what these storms will do. It's no fun being without power. I have a 7kw PTO generator that I power with that 2320. It uses about 2.5litres/hr when running it. I run it for a couple of hours at a time intermittently when the power is down. That keeps the freezer and fridge cold and the water pressure up. Before I got it we went 5 days with no power/running water after a couple of big storms. Not fun at all!

Odd you should mention an Onan generator.  I just bought an ONAN RV generator to fix up and resell. It's an Emerald 4kw with an 18hp Onan on it.  

Are generator has a onan 18 hp and it runs at 1800 rpm and it sucks up 3.78L of fuel per hour at full load (5.5 Kw)

#7 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 06:25 PM

8tyman8; man you have some serious weights on that thing.

Dick

#8 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 06:41 PM

8tyman8; man you have some serious weights on that thing.

Dick

Yep .. 100# cast rear weights and the tires are filled 100# ? and there is a weight box with another 100#+ but the blower is Very heavy 200# or so

#9 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 06:52 PM

Electric Massey ET2 all charged up and ready to go.

1966 Massey MF10 full of fuel and ready to go also.

026.JPG 020.JPG

• 8tyman8 said thank you

#10 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,392 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 07:17 PM

You guys be safe out there! Come in and warm up once in a while!

#11 Arti ONLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,288 Thanks
  • 962 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 07:43 PM

Probably the same storm that went thru here today.. Not much snow accumulation it warmed up to a balmy 33 degrees today,, so it rained, sleeted, snowed ,wind came up and then it rained some more and then it got nasty out..... Man is that wet heavy snow hard to move.

#12 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 08:45 PM

Do your best to keep the white stuff up your way.  My snowplow rigs are as follows:

1986 Gravely 5260 with snowblade

1948 Farmall Super A with snowblade

and currently a 1955 Gravely L with snowblade. 

And to believe I don't have pictures of the Gravely 5260... good grief, I need to fix that!

Ben Wagner

#13 scotsman OFFLINE  

scotsman

• Member No: 2281
  • 31 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 08:56 PM

We are only supposed to get 6" to 10" here in Western NY tomorrow (Friday)..

not enough to even close anything down..

but enough to get the snowblower out Saturday morning! :)

Scot

#14 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:11 PM

Just another reason to live in the south.

#15 scotsman OFFLINE  

scotsman

• Member No: 2281
  • 31 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:42 PM

Just another reason to live in the south.

Actually, most of us are *looking forward* to the snow! ;)

(I could never live south of Virginia..cant stand the heat..)

Scot