• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,731 Thanks
  • 4,288 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 10:32 AM

State of Emergency declared, cars are to be off roads by 12 noon. Gas stations out of gas and many grocery stores are too. Anyone that went thru '78 should be prepared for this one.( I stocked up a, 30 pack beer, gas, diesel ) :bigrofl:

That's bad when even the grocery stores run out of gas! Only a 30 pack?? Sure hope you can get out before too long!!

Good Luck guys.

#32 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 10:34 AM

So far in the SW corner of NH, not much going on, snowed a dusting about 5:30-6:30am then quit, now all we can do is wait.  Got gas for the blower, batteries, and plenty of wood for the stove up on the front porch.  Our yard at home is a booger to clear, so the one saving grace is that there is virtually no previous snow piles to hamper clearing this one.

#33 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 10:34 AM

Here is the before, hopefully I will be able to post the after :thumbs:004.JPG

#34 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 10:41 AM

I would assume that alot of the power issues from Sandy, haven't been properly

fixed, and maybe that's why they're being super vigilant in warning the public of

possible outages.

#35 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 10:41 AM

That's bad when even the grocery stores run out of gas! Only a 30 pack?? Sure hope you can get out before too long!!

Good Luck guys.

Guess I forgot the food part, as far as the beer, cheap lite beer that's just a back-up for the good stuff (always thinking)  :beer:

#36 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 10:49 AM

Man you guys....hope you all stay safe, warm, and fed!  This is gonna be one rough storm.  I know many of you like seat time, but this is way different!

• John@Reliable, powerking56, chris m and 1 other said thanks

#37 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 12:37 PM

I want updated pictures!!! But you can keep all that yucky snow. It was 63 degrees here yesterday and I'm happy about that :) my unknown bulbs are sprouting nicely.

#38 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 04:38 PM

Here are a few pictures as of right now. It hasn't really started yet. This first round is heavy wet snow.

PICT1271.JPG

PICT1272.JPG

PICT1273.JPG

The last picture I zoomed in from the patio, not sure why it came out so dark?

• JDBrian said thank you

#39 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 04:56 PM

Well, I was wondering WHO decided we need more pizzazz in weather reporting and the new naming of winter storms.  You guessed it, the ever so cutting edge "Weather Channel" that's who:

http://www.weather.c...-names-20121001

We're doing a "Nemo" now and I'll bet "Ukko" will be a real hummer!  I guess with all the non-weather related programming lately the W-C folks have time to sit around and get bored... 

(Mike Seidel) "I know... let's see if we can come up with a bunch of silly names for winter storms!"

(Jim Cantore) "OK... how about naming them after ourselves, 'Winter Storm Jim Cantore' really sounds impressive!"

(Mike Seidel)  "Uh... well... maybe we better find something less.. er... 'personal' there..."

(Jim Cantore)  "You hate me, don't you Mike?"

(Mike Seidel)  "Sorry, I seem to have lost my hand held anemometer... (leaving)  Vivian, have you seen my wind thingie anywhere?"

#40 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 05:11 PM

All ready here. Latest forecast is a blizzard warning and a storm surge warning. I'm not by the ocean so the storm surge won't affect me personally but it can do a huge amount of damage. 40cm (16") of snow and 100km/h(62mph) winds. The worse will be tomorrow with it starting tonight near midnight. 

• chris m said thank you

#41 ggsteve OFFLINE  

ggsteve

• Member No: 4164
  • 142 Thanks
  • 253 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 05:24 PM

Well, I was wondering WHO decided we need more pizzazz in weather reporting and the new naming of winter storms.  You guessed it, the ever so cutting edge "Weather Channel" that's who:

http://www.weather.c...-names-20121001

We're doing a "Nemo" now and I'll bet "Ukko" will be a real hummer!  I guess with all the non-weather related programming lately the W-C folks have time to sit around and get bored... 

(Mike Seidel) "I know... let's see if we can come up with a bunch of silly names for winter storms!"

(Jim Cantore) "OK... how about naming them after ourselves, 'Winter Storm Jim Cantore' really sounds impressive!"

(Mike Seidel)  "Uh... well... maybe we better find something less.. er... 'personal' there..."

(Jim Cantore)  "You hate me, don't you Mike?"

(Mike Seidel)  "Sorry, I seem to have lost my hand held anemometer... (leaving)  Vivian, have you seen my wind thingie anywhere?"

It's really sad what has happened to TWC since NBC bought it.

#42 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 05:32 PM

Guys checkin in, back in the house just ahead of governors' mandate to be off the roads. Whew! Sometimes I might think that they press the red button early but I'm convinced they got it right on this one. My mission logged lil over 150miles roundtrip to get a long overdue trailer of my own and I definately could've picked a better road trip day for it. If this event stacks up like its predicted I'd be stuck at my place and couldn't transport to help out my senior family members elsewhere, (least not with my Bolens). Worchester has the WORST roads IMO as they've got some killer steep hilly roads and it doesn't take much to make them dangerous. Anyways...heres some updated pics from the route. It's not deep stuff yet but add some wind and the temp 32*f and...

they could be pullin you out of a ditch like this guy

Attached Thumbnails

• 02-08-13 2.jpg
  • 02-08-13 1.jpg
  • 02-08-13 3.jpg
  • 02-08-13 4.jpg
  • t2.jpg

Edited by Newpaws493, February 08, 2013 - 05:33 PM.

• MH81 said thank you

#43 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 05:41 PM

Guys checkin in, back in the house just ahead of governors' mandate to be off the roads. Whew! Sometimes I might think that they press the red button early but I'm convinced they got it right on this one. My mission logged lil over 150miles roundtrip to get a long overdue trailer of my own and I definately could've picked a better road trip day for it. If this event stacks up like its predicted I'd be stuck at my place and couldn't transport to help out my senior family members elsewhere, (least not with my Bolens). Worchester has the WORST roads IMO as they've got some killer steep hilly roads and it doesn't take much to make them dangerous. Anyways...heres some updated pics from the route. It's not deep stuff yet but add some wind and the temp 32*f and...

they could be pullin you out of a ditch like this guy

Glad you made it back safe! I just went out an hour after my pic's and all you can here is the snapping sound of limbs all around us.

• Newpaws493 said thank you

#44 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 05:48 PM

We aint seen nuthin yet! hang in there.

• chris m said thank you

#45 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 06:15 PM

It gets a little nerve racking when you live in the woods surrounded by huge oaks that surround the house lol. 

And yes we ain't seen nothin' yet! The wind is starting to get stronger as I sit here typing. Stay safe!