then I read a little more;
The National Weather Service in Taunton has issued a blizzard
watch... which is in effect from Friday morning through Saturday
afternoon. The Winter Storm Watch has been cancelled.
* Locations... much of eastern Massachusetts as well as northern and
central Rhode Island. This includes the Boston to Providence
* Hazard types... heavy snow with the potential for blizzard
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 12 to 24 inches.
* Timing... light snow develops by Friday morning. Snow will
increase intensity during Friday afternoon. The heaviest snow
will occur Friday night into Saturday morning.
* Impacts... heavy snow and strong winds will bring the potential
for blizzard conditions. The worst of the storm will be Friday
night into Saturday morning.
Snowfall rates of 2 to 3 inches per hour possible.
Travel may become nearly impossible with blowing
and drifting snow.
* Winds... northeast 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 55 mph. [Glad I have a cab]
* Visibilities... one quarter mile or less at times.
* Temperatures... in the mid 20s.
A blizzard watch means there is a potential for considerable
falling and/or blowing snow with sustained winds or frequent
gusts over 35 mph and visibilities below 1/4 mile for at least
3 hours. White out conditions will be possible... making travel
very dangerous. Be prepared to alter any travel plans.
Looks like I might get a little seat time after-all