#16 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 11:11 PM

Showed up and the guy just started chuckling... "how much of this thing are you wanting?", "as much as I can fit in this car".... "alright, let me fire up the cutting torch".

The guy was great to deal with and I taught him a lesson... From now on his posts will say "LOAD AND LEAVE". Poor guy spent 2 hours with me using HIS tools to disassemble as much of it as I had to. The only parts I didn't bring home was the fender/floor pans and one part of the tunnel cover. If I had brought extra money I would have tossed him and extra $20 for the help... btw, I only gave $50 for it.

The thing was dry as a bone on the outside so no leaks. I had to pull the sump tube off of hte bottom to get the rear end off the frame so I went ahead and drained most of the rear end fluid and it was pretty and red (I assume it's supposed to be red). I know it was clean, didn't stink and had no water in it. The deck lift cylinder has no rust and the hydraulic system hadn't been opened.

Found out when I got home that the rest of the fluid decided to drain... on my front seat.

DSCN0543.JPG DSCN0544.JPG DSCN0545.JPG DSCN0546.JPG DSCN0547.JPG DSCN0548.JPG DSCN0549.JPG DSCN0550.JPG

#17 KBear OFFLINE  

KBear

Garden Tractor Nerd

• Member No: 1459
  • 89 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 11:16 PM

twostep - You can read more from where Texas Deere and Horse pulled his information from from a site named Simple Tractor. Great source for some LGT specific information which includes Deutz-Allis.

Kenneth

• Texas Deere and Horse and twostep have said thanks

#18 KBear OFFLINE  

KBear

Garden Tractor Nerd

• Member No: 1459
  • 89 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 11:22 PM

twostep - You ever given any thought to investing in a trailer or maybe even a truck? :bigrofl:

Kenneth

• twostep said thank you

#19 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 11:30 PM

lol, I have both but they were 50 miles south of where I was and these parts were 50 miles north of where I was... So I made do :D  Plus the truck would have cost me another $30 in fuel! Not to sound like a redneck but I'll usually find a way to "get'er done".

• Texas Deere and Horse and KennyP have said thanks