UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 10:02 PM

As has been stated many times above - most importantly you are OK. As to why they ran. We could speculate for days and probably still not get it right -  Drink, drugs, illegals, thought he owed you money, or that you were his girlfriends husband or any combination thereof or something completely different.

OH and OBS RULES!!!!!

Now go buy a RanchHand and dare them to try again.

• TAHOE said thank you

#17 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,947 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 01:11 PM

I stopped at police station to file a report, I think they were a little dumbfounded that I was actually there and being honest since it was my fault and I was getting off. As I told officer before I even mentioned the "southern decent" he said they didn't have insurance so they ran, even though it would all be on me. After I told him they were hispanic he added no license and possibly illegal.

They took my statement and "logged" it but wouldn't file a report since they left and I am not turning into insurance. 

I thank God for protecting me.

War Wagon, yep, would like a nice big ole honkin' piece of steel hanging out there, but I can get used stock bumper for 50-75, not 800-1000. I may give a try at making my own since I can get steel at cost from a friend. I had taken off the push bar last summer when I swapped in motors and never put it back on, that probably would've really done some damage to their trunk.

I like my OBS!!!!

#18 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,947 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 01:16 PM

Frig, It must be different down there, shootings , immigrants, 

Got a. Buddy on the west coast , works at a cheque cashing place, constant immigrants cashing cheques with fake social security numbers,  frigures the state would grind to a halt without them, crazy

My wife works at the local court, they have "mexican wednesdays" that's when interpreter comes in. Anyway, she had a guy give her his social, she told him it did not match his name. He said "oh, I got another one" . This one matched his name. Wifey asked him where he got this one, "INS give it to me". She then asked where he got the one that didn't work.... " Oh, I buyed dat in california"  :(

• Jehtro said thank you

#19 Jehtro OFFLINE  

Jehtro

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3300
  • 109 Thanks
  • 276 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 09:30 PM

My wife works at the local court, they have "mexican wednesdays" that's when interpreter comes in. Anyway, she had a guy give her his social, she told him it did not match his name. He said "oh, I got another one" . This one matched his name. Wifey asked him where he got this one, "INS give it to me". She then asked where he got the one that didn't work.... " Oh, I buyed dat in california"  :(

That's totally crazy,  I don't know whether to laugh or cry!