#1 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,491 Thanks
  • 4,947 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 01:05 PM

Ok, so driving to work this morning, little car pulls out in front of me from a local manufacturer, looks to be three people in car, probably getting off third shift. Putt, putt, putt we go until we get to intersection. Well there is one lane that you can go straight or turn, but it's very wide so you can get 2 cars going straight and still have room for another turning. So, 1 car going straight at red light, one in front of me is turning. The heavy traffic is moving cross ways in a pattern with the lights that we could still turn...or so I thought. I "assumed" , DOOOH, they were turning as they sped up, but then they stopped on a dime, I didn't. I put the bumper of the Tahoe right into the trunk, I was at slight angle so I actually caught the trunk lid and rear bumper, don't think I hit the lights or quarter. I did do some damage though, trunk was popped up and bumper cover pulled down. Tahoe got a cracked grill, lower grill valence busted to pieces, and bumper is either tweeked or just mounts bent.

Well, crap, throw her in park, unbuckle, then I see what I can't believe. They start pulling away, trying to get out in traffic. I figured, ok, they are getting out of the way, they will pull into the little lot right around corner. I was ready to get my ticket, fines, and insurance rates increase. NNNOOOO, they kept going, actually darting through traffic and then sped up. By the time I had an opening to make turn and follow, they were gone, no sign of them. I kept driving looking for them, but then went on to work.

I can only come to the conclussion, the 3 people in the car are lets say, southern decent from across the border, and the company has gotten in major trouble over last few years for employing illegals. So, either they were 1. illegals, 2. no driver's license, or 3. no insurance, or 4. all of the above.

My wife works at a police station, they told me to stop at that district and at least file a report to cover myself.

I'm still in shock and it's 6 hours later.

• Texas Deere and Horse, HowardsMF155, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 01:18 PM

Their car may have been full of drugs, guns, or both, and they wanted no part of the law.  Count your blessings, as if that was the case, if you got them to stop, you may have been harmed!

• Texas Deere and Horse, HDWildBill, boyscout862 and 4 others have said thanks

#3 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 01:23 PM

YIKES! It's bad enough to get into an accident but to be left with a mystery is gotta be unsettling. Hope it all works out. Good advice to go to the local district station to file a report. Better to be safe than sorry.

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#4 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,709 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 02:32 PM

For what ever reason they did not want any part of the law so they high tailed it out of there.  It could have been any reason(s) as sited above.  Just be glad you are safe and nothing worse happened.

• Texas Deere and Horse, boyscout862, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#5 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 02:40 PM

At least your safe thats the main thing! Couldve been worse someone mightve pulled a gun on you or worse. Ive heard that story all too many times. You can always replace parts but you cant replace a life from god.

• Texas Deere and Horse, HDWildBill, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#6 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 02:51 PM

Marty, I see that kind of stuff here all the time, just watch our local news, it's amazing what they do here. A lot of times it turns into a shooting, so be glad you didn't catch up with them. Glad you are safe and the Tahoe can be repaired. :thumbs:

• HDWildBill, boyscout862, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#7 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 03:00 PM

Glad you were ok.  Who knows why they took off.  Gladly they did and didn't do anything to you.  At least they didn't cry whiplash.  

• HDWildBill, boyscout862, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#8 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,491 Thanks
  • 4,947 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 04:16 PM

I guess I'm still in the niave state that you get out, make sure everyone is okay, look at vehicles, get police report. I never thought of guns or anything like that, guess I need to start.

My wife actually works for the court attached to the police station, she said they know when an illegal has been arrested, the family is waiting for the doors to open with a wad of cash to bail them out, hopefully before immigration finds out. Her officers told her they were probably either illegal or driving illegally.

Here's the 'Hoe, not too bad. I needed an excuse for a custom winch bumper anyhow :D  :rocker2:

photobucket-64107-1360098116700_zpscb922

photobucket-64103-1360098146553_zps3bc54

• oldedeeres said thank you

#9 916 hydro OFFLINE  

916 hydro
  • Member No: 10159
  • 114 Thanks
  • 139 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 04:42 PM

yeah id say you got lucky it seems like all you hear about out of that area is illeagals and drugs glad you are okay looks like the tahoe should be cheaper to fix than the hike in insurance would have been.

i guess thats a get hit and run 

• TAHOE said thank you

#10 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 05:54 PM

Glad you o.k. Unfortunately as others pointed out, the drugs, illegals and just plain "nut-cases" are about everywhere anymore. Our quiet little rural towns are no longer as quiet and safe. :(

• TAHOE said thank you

#11 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 06:58 PM

Glad to hear you and the Chevy came through OK.  Unfortunately now a days you almost dont want to trust anybody, hard to say why they left but I am in agreement with the guys above, could have turned out bad.

• TAHOE said thank you

#12 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 07:05 PM

Maybe they didn't stop, because they where in a rush to go look at

a good deal on a GT!!

• HDWildBill and TAHOE have said thanks

#13 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,709 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 07:07 PM

Maybe they didn't stop, because they where in a rush to go look at

a good deal on a GT!!

:bigrofl:  :bigrofl:  :bigrofl:  :bigrofl:  :bigrofl:  :bigrofl:  :bigrofl:  :bigrofl:  Thanks Will that was good!

• IamSherwood said thank you

#14 Jehtro OFFLINE  

Jehtro

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3300
  • 109 Thanks
  • 276 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 07:39 PM

Frig, It must be different down there, shootings , immigrants, 

Got a. Buddy on the west coast , works at a cheque cashing place, constant immigrants cashing cheques with fake social security numbers,  frigures the state would grind to a halt without them, crazy

#15 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 08:38 PM

Sorry to hear you we're in a fender bender. Glad it wasn't worse and you were able to walk away.
We had something like this happen at work. Guy just stopped on the four lanes trying to make a left across traffic... Our tech rear ended him. The guy ran. Fast.

4 hours later, he went to the cops and filed a complaint. Also, tried to say our tech drove off.
Thankfully, my boss had called the police and they were in the know. By the time this guy showed up, he was just sober enough to pass a test and the trunk was suspiciously empty and clean.