• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 ol' stonebreaker ONLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,318 Thanks
  • 984 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 09:25 PM

I just bought  sears diehard jumper rated 900CCA. It was $90, no bells and whistles, just a built in work lite. LED tells % of charge and when connected to low batt shows voltage. I bought it because I thought my 8 yr old Century had given up but I later found the cig liter plug for the charger wasn't getting a good connection, so now I have two. Oh well, I can keep the old century out in the big shed where all the OPE is parked.

Mike

• Texas Deere and Horse and Cvans have said thanks

#17 baerpath OFFLINE  

baerpath
  • Member No: 10928
  • 314 Thanks
  • 514 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 09:31 PM

We use a Schumacher 2260 It's a 1200 amp jump pack Was $100 but got it on sale for $60 digtal readout, built in air compressor A/C convertor with two plug ins, two D/C plug ins and a feature I really like reads the voltage in the jump vehicules battery and when it's running what the voltage rate is. So you can see if it's charging.

We use it to start the diesel puller and my gasser all summer best jump pack I;ve owned and I've had a few

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, sacsr and 1 other said thanks

#18 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,628 Thanks
  • 3,919 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 03:10 PM

I had awesome good luck with the old yellow box from Wal-Mart.  It was bought new in September of 2004 and worked well until early in 2011 when it started to lose power.  It will still start a garden tractor easily but not a totally dead car or pickup.  The design is very thin and it will lay under or behind the seat in a standard cab pickup.  If I could have had a brand new one like it thats what I would have got.  Apparently they don't make that model anymore?

Last fall I upgraded to the black box also from Wal-Mart.  it works well but they got super cheap in making it.  There is no power cord,  just two prongs on the back side so every charge requires an extension cord.  Also the leads are very short.   It does have overcharge protection so I can leave it plugged in all of the time and it won't cook the battery. 

Now if I need a gobb and a bunch of amps I can use my Start-All.  It has 300 amps of battery boiling power.  Very hard on battery life but will easily spin anything i own - even it it has no battery.  It rolls nicely but weighs a ton so if I need it out on the back 40 i have to put it on the caryall or use the pickup with a liftgate.  Definately not handy to carry  all the time.

Attached Thumbnails

• 001.JPG

Edited by Gtractor, February 09, 2013 - 03:19 PM.

• MH81 and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

#19 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 03:19 PM

Friend of the family was up at SAMs Club recently and said they have some nice ones. I only mention it as another place to look, IDK what they even have.
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#20 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 07:04 AM

Good thread guys.  This is something I do not have but would make a good addition to the garage.  Seems like I am frequently pulling out the charger and extension cord, or a battery and cables if one of the old girls sit too long.  A jump pack would be much easier.  Good idea for a Birthday or Christmas present from the wife, if I can remember this for that long :smilewink:

#21 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 08:32 AM

I did an update on my thread here http://gardentractor...tools/?p=278383

#22 mmclaughlin OFFLINE  

mmclaughlin

• Member No: 2212
  • 70 Thanks
  • 147 posts

Posted March 01, 2013 - 03:56 PM

http://www.ebay.com/...fd0c01b&vxp=mtr

This is the best I have had so far and I have owned a Harbor Freight, Sears silver & gold models all these quit just outside of a year but this one just keeps going and going.