• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,388 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 03:57 PM

Thank you for posting that! And, after the farmer, God made GT lovers for the folks without acres to plow.

• olcowhand and dodge trucker have said thanks

#17 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 05:32 PM

They didn't show the Ram that much but you won't for get that commercial.

• dodge trucker said thank you

#18 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 06:03 PM

yup  I grew up in a farming town  and just went back to school to get an Ag related degree; and my son was in FFA during High School,  even my wife  who was a "suburban girl" all her life before she met me,  got a big rise out of that commercial.

• olcowhand said thank you

#19 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 08:32 PM

That is great and a great tribute to farmers. But I think it says even more. It is a tribute to the AMERICAN way of life, the silent majority who are self reliant and will do whatever is needed to accomplish and create a living for their families and make a better place to live.
That is what made this the greatest Country in the world and it is time we were no longer the silent majority in this country.
My dad built Maytag washing machines, but taught me the values he learned growing up farming hard pan clay in S.E. Iowa. I am sure most of us somewhere somehow learned in much the same way.

I am a little surprised it took an ITALIAN COMPANY to remind us of what we are?

Edited by JD DANNELS, February 04, 2013 - 08:40 PM.

• olcowhand, Bmerf and dodge trucker have said thanks

#20 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 08:49 PM

They didn't show the Ram that much but you won't for get that commercial.

No they did not, but do not for a minute thing that people planning to but a pickup will not think of looking at a Dodge. Todays advertisers seem to be into shock more than features and benefits. But subtle hint can be more effective.
Not being a farmer myself, I know they use their trucks and sometimes abuse them too. If they have exceeded the GVR of their truck but have ten more bales to load, They are not going to make a second trip. So if it works for a farmer it will probably be fine as a grocery getter.
  • HDWildBill and dodge trucker have said thanks

#21 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,578 Thanks
  • 29,824 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 08:58 PM

Trucks have a GVR????????   :smilewink: 

• JD DANNELS, KennyP, twostep and 1 other said thanks

#22 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 08:59 PM

Ya know it kinda hit home with me while I was in school some of the "documentary" films they showed where a reporter went to a grocery store then to a fast food joint and asked "where that hamburger came from"  and it was unbelieveable how few people could relate to meat coming from ANIMALS and veggies coming from a field having been grown.

Remember I have a son that's nearly 2 years graduated from high school, and I went to school with 3 of my son's old high school buddies; these kids had the fortune of going to school from grade school thru HS in a very rural  town with a tractor dealer and a grain elevator in their town.  The town I grew up in and the one 2 towns over where I went to High School were largely rural while I was in HS in the 80s. but sadly they have fallen victim to urban sprawl; which was why I moved 30 miles away from where I grew up... My Mom still lives in teh same house she has for 10 years longer than I have been on this Earth but the town has swallowed up everything that defined that town for over 100 years prior with fast food places, motels strip malls and subdivisions replacing good farm ground... a shame.

But it really threw me, when one of the teachers at the college I went to, that owns a good deal of farmland and hosts field trips for elementary aged kids at her pumpkin patch  and who also does a huge Octoberfest/haunted barn production every year,

but this teacher showed me some E mails from teachers of these elementary school aged students that are not sure they want their students to truthfully know where food really comes from  and want to either cancel programs that have run for years or continue them in a much desensitized fashion   political correctness is going too far.

• olcowhand and twostep have said thanks

#23 Fabman OFFLINE  

Fabman

• Member No: 3229
  • 257 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 01:43 AM

O  ne of the best Super Bowl commercials yet!! Paul Harvey was one of the greatest speakers of our time.   Btw. Dodge Trucker where do these teachers you talk about come from anyway????????? :(