Great looking Power ho you got there!

#17 happyfoot OFFLINE  

happyfoot
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 19133
  • 7 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 11:04 PM

Thats a real nice walk behind. I have a cultivator or one of those in my bone pile.  I always wondered what it went to.

Steve

#18 curts garage OFFLINE  

curts garage

• Member No: 1256
  • 40 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted February 14, 2013 - 12:06 AM

Was that the one on ebay?

yes it was on ebay.  did i bid against you?

#19 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,635 Thanks
  • 1,325 posts

Posted February 14, 2013 - 12:27 AM

yes it was on ebay.  did i bid against you?

Yeah you did. :mad2:  I'll find another one someday. Didn't really need it right now.

If you got a little time before you paint your wheels, I can get the yellow I'm working with a closer match and get the info to you.

#20 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted February 14, 2013 - 06:32 AM

Nice Looking Power Ho

I never seen that style of rear hitch on a power ho.

#21 curts garage OFFLINE  

curts garage

• 40 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted February 14, 2013 - 08:37 AM

Yeah you did. :mad2:  I'll find another one someday. Didn't really need it right now.

If you got a little time before you paint your wheels, I can get the yellow I'm working with a closer match and get the info to you.

sry....  yea, if you come up with a color, I would greatly appreciate some color info.  it will be at least a month before I can get to painting my wheels.

#22 brownboystoys OFFLINE  

brownboystoys

• Member No: 6127
  • 107 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted March 02, 2013 - 02:57 PM

Hello. Very nice hoe.I have seen this hitch and have made a copy until I get a real one. I used rattle can Krylon paint and it seemed to be a very close match. Hunter greenDSC02447.JPG

#23 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted March 03, 2013 - 11:45 PM

I forgot that I have a power hoe in the bowels of the one machine shed. It has no hood,but sickle mower. It worked great

but hay,brush and trash would kill the engine .......... push kill wire to block.. took me a while to figure that out lol,

#24 curts garage OFFLINE  

curts garage

• 40 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted August 06, 2013 - 09:23 PM

well, never got a chance to start restoring the power ho, been busy adding to the collection and working on some of my allis projects....I got too many projects, been trying to slim them down but once i do i always seem to find something to replace it..   two motor swaps in progress, car and truck, trail truck/ hunting truck, two allis tractors needing lots of attention, several allis attachments working on, JD720 diesel needs misc help...  list goes on...  keeping up garden, ongoing projects and repairs on the farm.....

thinking of doing a partial restore...  hood, grill, gas tank, wheels....  keep the rest in its work clothes.

last weekend I parted out 5 bolens walk behinds, good parts went in the shed, rotted wheel went in the scrap, tractor frames went across the creek to the bone yard.  anyone wanna trade some power ho attachments for versa matic attachments?

#25 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,635 Thanks
  • 1,325 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 12:55 PM

What was wrong with the frames? Hopefully you didn't get rid of the handle bars. I could use a set or two for a 12BB.

#26 curts garage OFFLINE  

curts garage

• 40 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted October 04, 2013 - 09:40 PM

I still got the frames and handle bars nate, there in safe hiding where they cant be seen from the house or road, lol.   got too many things in yard 3 tractors, 5 riders, 8 walk behinds, roto baler, combine, camper, 6 vehicle, ect

only thing I can think of I actually hauled to scrap was the 8 or 10 rotted wheels.........  been busy adding and re-dispursing the collection. up to 4-12bb01 a 12b01 handi ho and 153 04 super versa matic.  been getting rid of enough vehicle parts I can get more tractor stuff!lol  sold a set of heads tonight, get to go buy building materials tomorrow!

#27 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,635 Thanks
  • 1,325 posts

Posted October 05, 2013 - 11:38 PM

I still got the frames and handle bars nate, there in safe hiding where they cant be seen from the house or road, lol.   got too many things in yard 3 tractors, 5 riders, 8 walk behinds, roto baler, combine, camper, 6 vehicle, ect

only thing I can think of I actually hauled to scrap was the 8 or 10 rotted wheels.........  been busy adding and re-dispursing the collection. up to 4-12bb01 a 12b01 handi ho and 153 04 super versa matic.  been getting rid of enough vehicle parts I can get more tractor stuff!lol  sold a set of heads tonight, get to go buy building materials tomorrow!

So was the 12B-01 in as good a shape in the pics? It came with 5 attachments right? I don't remember.

#28 curts garage OFFLINE  

curts garage

• 40 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted October 06, 2013 - 10:33 PM

looked little better in pics, good quality, just probably never intended for use, show only id guess.  lots of loose bolts.  6 attachments plow, blade, cult, reel mower, brush saw, sickle mower

#29 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted November 04, 2013 - 06:38 PM

The hitch you are referring to as a "sleeve hitch" is the special hitch you need to attach the factory sulky. I have the sulky and the hitch, which is how I know. That hitch allows the sulky to twist independent of the tractor.