Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Who Else Is Not Watching The Super Bowl?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,584 Thanks
  • 3,900 posts

Posted February 03, 2013 - 11:04 PM

Just missed my 43rd consecutive "not so super bowl"    I'd take castration with a dull rusty knife over suffering through a football game.

Got a new Vintage Truck mag yesterday in the mail and when I finished it I changed over and read a couple back issues of Model T Times mags.  It's been a mighty enjoyable evening.  

:wave:

• daytime dave said thank you

#32 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted February 03, 2013 - 11:06 PM

Who was playing again? :rolling: Never watched the Superbowl,never plan too. I did get some GT time in this afternoon,though. :dancingbanana:

#33 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 01:13 AM

Super bowel?  On the TV?  Man, I had that last week, musta been the General Tsao's kitten I had from the Chinese take out...

#34 jd.rasentrac ONLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 3,988 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 03:24 AM

There's no different to the other 364 days without the Super Bowl and so I do the same as every day

#35 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 05:20 AM

I'm a little late in answering this.No I did not watch the Super Bowl.I am NOT a football guy.

#36 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 07:52 AM

Wouldn't watch it if there was nothing else on!  Sports in general is a waste of time to me.  ~~  Lowell

• mjodrey and daytime dave have said thanks

#37 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,433 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 09:35 AM

we watched a lil bit last night then went grocery shopping and home to get home work done for class today(sitting in the school libray right now) im not much of a football fan i watch it for the comerricals.

#38 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 09:45 AM

Looks like I'm not the only one that is not a fan of pro sports.  I got turned off back in the 80's when they started all the strikes for more money.  They make all that money and they still have to sue because they got hurt.

• mjodrey, daytime dave and boyscout862 have said thanks

#39 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 10:14 AM

My wie wanted to watch it so I watched it with her, she had made me some snacks for whenever whidh was nice. It's mice to have a partner to watch things like this with you, she even ask me questions about what is going on, how do I know, I am not a rule book, just an amature.

I did not care for the half time show. I think about all that money everyone spend on the games, not just the superbowl, all the fans that go week after week spending over $100 each to see a SPORT.

Dick

#40 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 10:15 AM

All Right I have a confession to make. My Hero's have always been Racers. I have been following Nascar since the first race was on Wide World of Sports back in the early 60's . It's the only Pro Sport I follow. 

But I also love to watch the local working guys, ripping around a Dirt Track an may enjoy that even more, because they have some skin in the game.

Edited by JD DANNELS, February 04, 2013 - 10:18 AM.

• daytime dave, MFDAC and PappyH have said thanks

#41 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 10:46 AM

I watched most of it but not a Beyonce fan at all; soon as halftime came I turned on the Simpsons

• daytime dave and KennyP have said thanks

#42 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 03:10 PM

All Right I have a confession to make. My Hero's have always been Racers. I have been following Nascar since the first race was on Wide World of Sports back in the early 60's . It's the only Pro Sport I follow. 

But I also love to watch the local working guys, ripping around a Dirt Track an may enjoy that even more, because they have some skin in the game.

Gotta agree 100% with that one... NASCAR, ABC, Wide World of Sports?  Good grief, ain't we gettin' old now!  I go all the way back to the Dumont TV network in NY/NJ watching Saturday night jalopy races from Culver City, CA.:D

One of the things I like about the NASCAR and racing  people in general is you seldom see one up for murder, rape or drug and gun offenses and seldom see a team member flash a gang sign.  And you can always understand the words they are saying in interviews.  Watching a pro football game you can clearly see what the new age Americans are looking for in their athletes to influence their children.  I guess they want them properly prepared for the street life because they pour so much money in it to make it happen.

Of course because it is "professional football" after all, I guess we have to give those kinds of people a pass. (NO pun intended!:D)

• daytime dave, MFDAC, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#43 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,026 Thanks
  • 1,122 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 05:15 PM

Just on here and cruising the net.  Never was into football so am  waiting for NASCAR to get started.

Gotta agree 100% with that one... NASCAR, ABC, Wide World of Sports?  Good grief, ain't we gettin' old now!  I go all the way back to the Dumont TV network in NY/NJ watching Saturday night jalopy races from Culver City, CA. :D

One of the things I like about the NASCAR and racing  people in general is you seldom see one up for murder, rape or drug and gun offenses and seldom see a team member flash a gang sign.  And you can always understand the words they are saying in interviews.  Watching a pro football game you can clearly see what the new age Americans are looking for in their athletes to influence their children.  I guess they want them properly prepared for the street life because they pour so much money in it to make it happen.

Of course because it is "professional football" after all, I guess we have to give those kinds of people a pass. (NO pun intended! :D)

I worked on my '55 GMC all day yesterday, with the Ipod playing on the shop stereo.

I am impatiently waiting for Daytona to start the season, but very rarely sit and watch. Usually have both TV's in the shop tuned in to any of the NASCAR  series, World of Outlaws sprints and late models and NHRA when I can catch it too, so I can work on stuff while they are on.

I definitely remember the Wide World of Sports, having to wait thru canoeing and curling to see a small segment of a race! It was sure better than no coverage at all tho!

Sometimes the wife talks me into sitting in the house to watch the Daytona 500 and the Bristol night race with her.

Later---DAC

#44 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,383 Thanks
  • 39,649 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 05:21 PM

I'm waiting for NASCAR to start back up. Just hate the night races and short tracks.

#45 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 06:07 PM

I don't follow NASCAR nearly as much as I did 20 years ago, with Toyota being "in"  and cars getting farther from "stock" all the time it is tough to tell one car from another brand wise  these days... like that Farmer" commercial (but in a different way) NASCAR needs to get back to its roots to draw me back in; I do however, like going to the local dirt oval  and of course demo derbies whenever I can