138 replies to this topic

#136 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted August 06, 2013 - 09:03 AM

Travis, Are you really going to sell your 314? You've done a great job bringing this one back to a good worker.

Pretty serious although it runs so well that I am hesitant to do so.  I still want to pick up that '68 110 side tag and if I have to choose I am leaning towards the 110, especially as I learn more about them.  Too bad my wife does not share my love for these old Deeres.

Edited by Trav1s, August 06, 2013 - 09:05 AM.

• twostep said thank you

#137 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 11:01 AM

Up for sale if anyone is interested.  :(

#138 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 11:38 AM

Doing a few more things to the 314 while it is in my possession.  Today's project is fine-tuning the tension on the belt that drives the blades and leveling the deck.  While the deck was off the tractor I it the surface that is under the covers with a wire wheel and applied some leftover bedliner.  I think that would prevent the rust problem that occurs when grass gets trapped under there.  I also ordered a generic seat from the Surplus Warehouse out of Lincoln.  Got a generic yellow highback seat for $85 to my door.  I can't drive to Lincoln for the cost of shipping.  

Edited by Trav1s, August 10, 2013 - 11:54 AM.

#139 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 07:55 PM

It sold Saturday evening to a local guy.  His son (age 19 who knows I love Dodge trucks) saw me using it in my yard and around town this spring and summer.  When the 19 year old saw it for sale he told his dad who made the purchase.  I presided over his dad's funeral just over a year ago.  We had some fun remembering his dad then the son (60 something) and I went round and round on the price.  He then said you knew my dad and should expect this from me.  I smiled and said I did expect this.  Only in a small town can stuff like this happen.  He's good with the speed-up tricks on the deck and is not worried about belts as he works at a Case/IH dealer.  

Time to work on getting the side tag 110 home to fill the open space in the garage. :smilewink:   

• twostep said thank you