Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What Kind Of Music Do You Guys Listen To?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#16 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 08:12 PM

All depends on what I'm doing. For instance:

If painting = Opera

If demolishing something = Hard Rock

If mowing the yard or working in the garden = Country

If working on a high roof shingling = Christian Rock

While driving = Southern Bluegrass

No, just kidding. All Country Music here!

• LTD, backwoods, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#17 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 08:29 PM

No hard rock, no metal, no rap. mostly 50-60-70's,easy going, bluegrass, blues,  a lot of what y'all like with the exception of my first listed.

Dick

Edited by JRJ, February 01, 2013 - 08:33 PM.

• backwoods and oldedeeres have said thanks

#18 larryd OFFLINE  

larryd
  • Member No: 15865
  • 724 Thanks
  • 1,058 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 08:34 PM

Mostly classic country oldies rock and some bluegrass and jazz .

• backwoods said thank you

#19 Jack OFFLINE  

Jack
  • Member No: 9304
  • 1,127 Thanks
  • 771 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 08:34 PM

I like classic rock from about the Woodstock era til about 1982. No disco though. Cannot stand rap, country, elevator music, "alternative", or the "metalhead" era.

I'm talking stuff like The Beatles (along with all the solo stuff after their breakup) Crosby Stills Nash (with or without Young) neil young (with or without CSN),  Steely Dan,  the Doobie Brothers, john cougar, the Police, Peter Frampton, Todd Rundgren, Alan parsons, .38 Special, the Eagles, 10cc, Seals and Crofts, REO, (NOT DIO), and  yes I must include Bob Seger among what I like to hear

I kinda draw the line, at most stuff "after" Hall and Oates, I do not care for...  

Ozzy, Michael Jackson, Megadeth, metalhead, Paua Abdul, INXS, Guns n Roses, etc were all "current" and popular at the time that  I graduated HS in the mid 80s

they all have 1 thing in common; THEY ALL SUCK

I am pretty much right here too.

• oldedeeres and dodge trucker have said thanks

#20 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 08:36 PM

Bluegrass, country&western, (not what they call "country" today), Classic rock.

Edited by crittersf1, February 01, 2013 - 08:37 PM.

#21 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 08:44 PM

Rock & Roll forever!

• backwoods, Dieselcubmike and dodge trucker have said thanks

#22 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 08:45 PM

Remind me not to take a long road trip with you guys..........

attachicon.gif54635787695.jpgattachicon.gif5675367.jpgattachicon.gif346.jpgattachicon.gif4354.jpg

Im up for a road trip around the us :D

#23 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 08:51 PM

I like classic rock from about the Woodstock era til about 1982. No disco though. Cannot stand rap, country, elevator music, "alternative", or the "metalhead" era.

I'm talking stuff like The Beatles (along with all the solo stuff after their breakup) Crosby Stills Nash (with or without Young) neil young (with or without CSN),  Steely Dan,  the Doobie Brothers, john cougar, the Police, Peter Frampton, Todd Rundgren, Alan parsons, .38 Special, the Eagles, 10cc, Seals and Crofts, REO, (NOT DIO), and  yes I must include Bob Seger among what I like to hear

I kinda draw the line, at most stuff "after" Hall and Oates, I do not care for...  

Ozzy, Michael Jackson, Megadeth, metalhead, Paua Abdul, INXS, Guns n Roses, etc were all "current" and popular at the time that  I graduated HS in the mid 80s

they all have 1 thing in common; THEY ALL SUCK

It appears I am one of many in agreement with this too, although Ozzy and GnR had a few good ones :rocker2: .

Probably my favorite band is Pink Floyd, also a big fan of most groups with female lead singers.  

We have been attending a "Bluegrass" Festival since 1989, find myself enjoying most of the music and performers while there.  Will tolerate most anything else but rap and similar drivel. 

Kathy has joined with a band, playing a Hammered Dulcimer and occasionally one of her other instruments, heres a link to a song from this summer

http://s1116.photobu...9-42-56_545.mp4

"Music soothes the savage soul"

#24 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,872 Thanks
  • 3,199 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 08:51 PM

Like a lot of you, it depends on what we're doing. Medaeval harp and harpsichord, classical guitar, old masters like Mozart, Beethoven etc.---- and then it gets weird; Lenard Cohen, k.d.Lang, Buffy St.Marie, Mammas and the Papas, ABBA, Ian Tyson, Anne Murray, The Rankin Family, Willie Nelson,Dolly Parton, Swingle Singers, Celtic Woman, most any Welsh male choir. Yup, not much consistancy here, but we love music!

#25 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 08:56 PM

Wow oldedeeres, that is quite the variety you got going there!

#26 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 08:56 PM

I mostly listen to hard rock,metal,classic rock, and country.It all depends who's in the vehicle with me.Some of the  bands i like are.Metallica (the first 5 albums new stuff is a waist of time)Megadeth,Pantera, Disturbed,Coal chamber,Godsmack,Slayer,Korn,Motley Crue,Guns and Roses,System of a down.Maryln Manson,Led Zeplin,Pink Floyd.Thats what i came up with off the top of my head.I know there's more.

Zeppelin and Pink Floyd  I cab definitely agree with... the rest (that I have even heard of; some in your list I haven't)  make sure you remind me to bring earplugs, if I gotta ride with

Edited by dodge trucker, February 01, 2013 - 08:58 PM.

#27 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,034 Thanks
  • 1,127 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 08:59 PM

Older country, folk and rock. 70's southern country rock is great too. I always have to have tunes playing in the shop.

I guess I have kind of a fettish for female artists from Patsy Cline to Heart and a little Linda Ronstadt type stuff in between!

Later---DAC

#28 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,317 Thanks
  • 4,664 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 09:08 PM

I like all kinds of music...  Country...  & Western!!  Just kidding!  Everything from the 30's to some of the present day stuff that isn't old remade junk..  I started out listening to old 50's & 60's stuff growing up then in the 70's got into lots of rock and old country too..  

College in the early 80's introduced me to punk and alternative..  If it's got a good and isn't too crazy I'll like it..  (yeah-  even some disco..)  I've been collecting MP 3 music for years and I mostly just listen to that @ home and work..   A zip drive of my favorites and I'm set!!  

#29 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 09:55 PM

I was never into music much, but now I have a 45 minute ride on a school bus (one way) back and forth between school and Boces. For the last few weeks I have been listening to pandora. I have always had the radio on in the garage on the local classic rock station. With pandora, I have been listening to "psychedelic" rock as they call it, stuff from the 60s and 70s.
  • backwoods and dodge trucker have said thanks

#30 dcon12 OFFLINE  

dcon12
  • Member No: 24440
  • 33 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 10:18 PM

Must be my age? Mostly Talk radio or i have the Time Life 50-60s Rock collection.

I listen to talk or nothing. My kids do not like to ride with me because I feel the radio should be off when others are riding with you in case they wish to say something. Don