Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Antique 1959 Wheel Horse Tractor - $500

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#16 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Member No: 3761
  • 5,475 Thanks
  • 2,532 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 11:50 AM

Are my eyes deceiving me here?? Troy has a red tractor? There may be hope yet!    poke.gif

Don't get too excited there Doug. It's the only non John Deere that I own. The Previous Owner thought is was a John Deere since it was painted green and had round fenders. After I told and showed him it was a Wheel Horse, he lowered his price from $200.00 to $25.00, because I made the two hour trip to buy a "John Deere". My youngest son's name is Ryan James, and he is on the short side as far as height, so that is the only reason for me bringing it home and adding it to the collection. Plus, at $25.00, I couldn't turn down the offer. :smilewink:

#17 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 12:06 PM

Don't get too excited there Doug. It's the only non John Deere that I own. The Previous Owner thought is was a John Deere since it was painted green and had round fenders. After I told and showed him it was a Wheel Horse, he lowered his price from $200.00 to $25.00, because I made the two hour trip to buy a "John Deere". My youngest son's name is Ryan James, and he is on the short side as far as height, so that is the only reason for me bringing it home and adding it to the collection. Plus, at $25.00, I couldn't turn down the offer. :smilewink:

Troy, Want to double your money.?? :smilewink:

Or even quadruple? :thumbs:

#18 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,715 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 03:01 PM

Don't get too excited there Doug. It's the only non John Deere that I own. The Previous Owner thought is was a John Deere since it was painted green and had round fenders.

I was going to ask if you had painted it green yet. Guess you didn't have to!

#19 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Member No: 3761
  • 5,475 Thanks
  • 2,532 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 04:17 PM

Troy, Want to double your money.?? :smilewink:

Or even quadruple? :thumbs:

No, not yet Brian. I'll keep you in mind though if I ever change my mind. It's all complete, including the fenders and the tool box. Even has the original mower deck, which I believe is a 32" cut? Not sure though. The front tires were full of fluid, and are rusted bad, so I'll have to track down some front rims whenever I get around to restoring it. I haven't had it running yet, but the K90 Kohler seems to have good compression. When it comes time for restoring it, I'd like to find a nice set of hubcaps for it, and maybe a front blade. My father-in-law has a nice original Wheel Horse dump cart, and he said he'd give it to Ryan once the tractor is completely restored. I bought the tractor about three years ago, took it completely apart, and put it all on the shelf. Hope I remember how it all goes back together. If not, I'll give you a call Brian! :D