Windy Weather

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

• Member No: 11127
  • 1,325 Thanks
  • 1,509 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 08:58 PM

So these past few days weather wise has been crazy! Tuesday I drove to work with the windows down it was near 60! Then wednsday we had thunderstorms turning into a snow storm over night. Then I wokeup this morning after the wind storm we had with the snow and found my neighbors car port in his tree!

Attached Thumbnails

• 2013-01-30_11-56-20_695.jpg
  • 2013-01-319515-54-3195900.jpg

• larryd said thank you

#2 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 11:18 PM

That sure is some wind!

We have had goofy winds and weather here in WI too, 65 degree shift in two days.   Makes a lot of wind.

• larryd said thank you

#3 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

• Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 12:55 AM

I have tarps on the finished compost, tarps on the leaf pile, tarps on the wood pile, a tarp on the burn pile and barrel and I'm proud to say I didn't have to rehook or chase any of 'em through this latest high speed wind tunnel test!:D  Wifey was awake all night waiting for the front pines to shed more "logs".  I couldn't be bothered because I know my saw will start on the second pull.:D

• larryd said thank you

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 05:24 AM

Yes it was very windy here yesterday.It is a wonder we still have power.Thousands of people here in Nova Scotia lost power.There were many trees and power poles blown down.One house under construction was also blown down.

• larryd said thank you

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 06:15 AM

Lots of wind and warm here yesterday as well. It got warm enough for the frost to come out of the dirt roads and parking lots making a real mess out of them. Now it will freeze hard again and we'll be stuck with the ruts and potholes til spring.

• larryd said thank you

#6 larryd OFFLINE  

• Member No: 15865
  • 724 Thanks
  • 1,058 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 06:54 AM

Same thing here. Temps up and down and winds all over the place and storms as well.

#7 jms180 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 859 Thanks
  • 1,153 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 07:13 AM

We had wind come in early wednesday morning. It was garbage pickup day so lots cans blown over. Temps dropped from mid sixties to 38 high today.

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 09:57 AM

Well it was all of -7.4 degrees when I got up this morning. To top it off at 1:30 am my daughter called and said the Caravan was making an awful banging noise and she was afraid to drive it. She was coming home from work. I went out to get her and the left front tire was flat and off the rim. I got frostbite just looking at it . I creeped it about a block and left it in the City Maintainece garage parking lot to get it off the highway. Called the garage this morning and told them it was not abandoned and I would get it this afternoon.  So this afternoon I have to go take the wheel off and take it out and get a new tire put on. Dang I Hate Winter!!

But it's supose to warm up tonight and snow again, more seat time tomorrow.

Edited by JD DANNELS, February 01, 2013 - 09:59 AM.

#9 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,631 Thanks
  • 8,517 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 10:08 AM

We don't have the snow and ice but it has been about as crazy here as well.  It seems this weather just keeps getting crazier and crazier.  There just doesn't seem to be any normalcy.